Article
· May 14, 2018 2m read

Continuous Delivery of your InterSystems solution using GitLab - Index

In this series of articles, I'd like to present and discuss several possible approaches toward software development with InterSystems technologies and GitLab. I will cover such topics as:

• First article
    • Git basics, why a high-level understanding of Git concepts is important for modern software development,
    • How Git can be used to develop software (Git flows)
  • Second article
    • GitLab Workflow - a complete software life cycle process - from idea to user feedback
    • Continuous Delivery - software engineering approach in which teams produce software in short cycles, ensuring that the software can be reliably released at any time. It aims at building, testing, and releasing software faster and more frequently.
  • Third article
    • GitLab installation and configuration
    • Connecting your environments to GitLab
  • Fourth article
    • Continuous delivery configuration
  • Fifth article
    • Containers and how (and why) they can be used.
  • Sixth article
    • Main components for a continuous delivery pipeline with containers
    • How they all work together.
  • Seventh article
    • Continuous delivery configuration with containers
  • Eighth article
    • Continuous delivery configuration with InterSystems Cloud Manager
  • Ninth article
    • Container architecture
  • Tenth article
    • CI/CD for Configuration and Data
  • Eleventh article
    • Interoperability and CI/CD

In this series of articles, I covered general approaches to the Continuous Delivery. It is an extremely broad topic and this series of articles should be seen more as a collection of recipes rather than something definitive. If you want to automate building, testing and delivery of your application Continuous Delivery in general and GitLab in particular is the way to go. Continuous Delivery and containers allows you to customize your workflow as you need it.

Discussion (0)1