Question
· Jul 17, 2017

Purge for "IO Log Input Data"

Hello mates,

When turning on the “Archive IO” option within the business operations, it provides us the capability of seeing the input and output communication with external systems. For instance, watching the messages sent out + ACK message sent back .

Our production has got a scheduled task that runs daily (by default I guess, as many others) and is in charge of purging “Errors and log files”. And this is likely to be linked to the “Archive IO” feature, right?

The thing is, after tweaking the variable to keep it for 7 days, it doesn't seem to be working, as messages older than 1 day will be vanished (see the below screenshot). I might be missing some other bit...

Any help is appreciated!

Discussion (2)2

Are you sure you're looking at the right task? I/O logs would normally be purged using Ens.Util.Tasks.Purge, which is also used to purge messages, alerts, and other production logging. Here's a task I created specifically for demonstration purposes. You won't find this in your scheduled task list by default. You may have another, similar task that someone may have set up in your environment, though:

Jeffrey has the right answer.

Murillo, here are the comments for the %SYS.Task.PurgeErrorsAndLogs task that you are currently using, the ERRORS global is for Caché wide errors and not Ensemble errors...

/// This Task will purge errors (in the ^ERRORS global) that are older than the configured value.<br>
/// It also renames the cconsole.log file if it is larger than the configured maximum size.<br>
/// On a MultiValue system it also renames the mv.log file if it grows too large.<br>
/// This Task is normally run nightly.<br>