Question
· Jan 19, 2017

How to create a new server and new namespace in cache studio?

I am a brank new cache developer. I am trying to create a new server, such as Samples, in the Studio and create a new namespace under the server, how do I do that?

Discussion (5)0

You don't create new servers/namespaces in Studio. You can add connections to remote servers by going to the icon, and instead of choosing Studio, choosing 'Preferred Server' -> 'Add/edit'. If you're just trying to create a new namespace that you can access in Studio, you should use this documentation. Studio is to work with code on pre-existing servers/namespaces. If you just want to access the SAMPLES namespace, you can get to it from File -> Change Namespace (or F4).

Thanks for your reply. I checked the document, it says "To create Caché namespaces, you use the Management Portal." There is no more details. Also, I was able to add a new server in the Studio by clicking Add in the Server Connection. I wonder what should I put for the IP_Address , Web Server IP Address and CSP Server Instance? I only want to create a server locally.

Do you have a local instance installed that you want to connect to? If so, the IP would be 127.0.0.1 (or localhost). You shouldn't need to configure the others unless this is a specialized instance setup. If you simply installed a development instance and are using that version of Studio, there is nothing you need to actually setup. As for the docs, maybe this section will be better. It also may be useful for you to start with the Using Caché Studio book.