Hi Neerav,

No, I am returning it as a JSON string.

something on the lines of

ClassMethod GetDetails ()
{
set result = []
&sql(declare a1 cursor for select ID, GName, DOB into :id, :gName, :dob from MyPackage.MyClass)
&sql(open a1)
for{
&sql(fetch a1)
quit:SQLCODE'=0
set rec={"rid"(rid)"gName":(gName)"dob":(dob)}
do result.%Push(rec)
// do result.$push(rec) ; for older version of cache
}
&sql(close a1)
quit result.%ToJSON()
// quit result.$toJSON() ; for older verions}
}

Regards

Anil

Hi Neerav,

You could try http://tabulator.info/.  This is quite fast and responsive.  I have tested over 10000 records.  It supports bootstrap as well.

Please find some code to get you started.  There are lots of examples in the documentation.

<head>

        <link href="https://unpkg.com/tabulator-tables@4.5.2/dist/css/tabulator.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
        <script type="text/javascript" src="https://unpkg.com/tabulator-tables@4.5.2/dist/js/tabulator.min.js"></script>

</head>

<body>

<div><table id="tblAbcd"></table></div>

<script language ="javascript" >

     var ret #server(MyPackage.MyClass.GetDetails()#;
     var retJSON JSON.parse(ret);

     var ht=600;

     var pageRows = 50

     var  table = new Tabulator("#tblAbcd", {
          data:retJSON,           //load row data from array
          height:(ht+"px"),
          layout:"fitColumns",      //fit columns to width of table
          responsiveLayout:"hide",  //hide columns that dont fit on the table
          tooltips:true,            //show tool tips on cells
          addRowPos:"top",          //when adding a new row, add it to the top of the table
          history:true,             //allow undo and redo actions on the table
          pagination:"local",       //paginate the data
          paginationSize:pageRows,         //allow 7 rows per page of data
          movableColumns:true,      //allow column order to be changed
          resizableRows:true,       //allow row order to be changed
          initialSort:[             //set the initial sort order of the data
               {column:"gstName", dir:"asc"},
          ],
          columns:[                 //define the table columns
              {title:"Id", field:"id",visible:false},
              {title:"Name", field:"gstName", editor:"input", headerFilter:"input",sorter:"text"},
              {title:"DOB", field:"dobDt", editor:"input",headerFilter:"input",sorter:"date"},               
          ],

    });    

</script>

</body>

Hope this helps
Regards

Anil

Thanks Robert,

Did some tinkering with " OUTPUTTYPEATTRIBUTE" ," ELEMENTQUALIFIED" and " SUPPRESSTYPEPREFIX" and got rid of most of the of the prefix and xsitype

Regards

Anil

Hi Mike,

In 2013, we did some performance test to figure out the same on Cache 2010 and we found the following:-

Accessing data for reporting etc

      $Order was the fastest, next was  SQL,  objects were the least efficient, probably because it fetches a lot of information every time you open an object reference.  

Insert /Update

     SQL was better as it took care of the Indices and SQL computed fields etc consistently and efficiently.

     Object save, had some inconsistency in terms of SQL computed fields.

Coding

     Cache Studio, supported Objects the most :)

I am not sure if this still holds true with the current version.

Anil

Within an SQL statement, the variable starts with a (:) colon.  

If you put the quote it becomes a fixed value.

                                        ':nameToFind'   is interperted as    ":nameToFind"

Set nameToFind="abc"

                                        :nameToFind is interpreted as    "abc"

Regards

Anil

Try

Set nameToFind="%Doe%". The below does not work.

&sql(Select ID from myTable where LastName like :nameToFind)

Hi,

You can make a vbscript file (.vbs) with the script below and then run that to first convert your xls file to tab delimited.

If you wish to save as coma delimited you could also use ( oBook.SaveAs WScript.Arguments.Item(1), 6 ) instead of (oBook.SaveAs WScript.Arguments.Item(1), -4158) in the script below. 

I usually execute the vbs using $zf(-2,"scriptfilename.vbs"  "filetoconvert.xls" "ouptutfile.txt")

Then you can work with the resulting file.  Hope this helps.

============================

if WScript.Arguments.Count < 2 Then
    WScript.Echo "Error! Please specify the source path and the destination. Usage: XlsToCsv SourcePath.xls Destination.csv"
    Wscript.Quit
End If
Dim oExcel
Set oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Dim oBook
Set oBook = oExcel.Workbooks.Open(Wscript.Arguments.Item(0))
oBook.SaveAs WScript.Arguments.Item(1), -4158
oBook.Close False
oExcel.Quit
WScript.Echo "Done"

===========================

Regards

Anil

Thanks Katherine.  This  helped in tracking the issue.  It gives me the following

"SSL/TLS unavailable.  Error loading ssleay32.dll".

I tried to call the service from another Cache server and it works,  so I guess it could be something local.  I will have to find out why the ssleay32.dll gives the error.

Regards

Anil