Question
· Jun 1

Where are the ODBC Driver for IRIS 2024.1 for Community Edition Users?

Hi all! 

How can I get the ODBC drivers for IRIS 2024.1 if I am only using IRIS 2024.1 Community Edition? 

This page gives you the information: "The official location for customers to download the latest released and fully supported InterSystems IRIS driver packages is the WRC download site." My first thought on this is: Why does Intersystems make it so difficult for users to use their database? Why is the ‘official’ driver package hidden behind a login wall? Shouldn't Intersystems be happy if someone wants to work with their database, wants to connect?

Any Way: Community Edition users are directed to this github repo. Unfortunately, you can only find an ODBC driver for IRIS 2023.1... Is the package compatible and works with 2024.1? I don't know. Is the driver forward compatible?

Does anyone have any experience of this? Has anyone tried connecting IRIS 2024.1 with the ODBC 2023.1 driver package?
Thanks for your help!

Andreas

Discussion (4)2

I've tried it on Windows 11. With your information I've searched again and found (my) problem now! First: Thanks for that! 

What was the problem?  
I've installed IRIS using the custom option and selected to install ALL items on the hard disk. Then I cannot find the odbc driver dll in the following folder:

All the other drivers are there: dotnet, java and so on.

Now I've tried a client installation on a fresh Windows... the folders are still empty. BUT the ODBC Data Source Administrator shows the 2024.1 IRIS ODBC driver! 
Again: The CLIENT install works!

The files are located here:

The puzzle is solved. Thanks to all of you!

Andreas