Is there a way to run unit tests in a given project which _does not_ require that test classes be exported first?
It is time for me to eat my own dog's food and start implementing unit test running with coverage :) I will be inundating IRC with questions at this point, but I have a more general question first.
In this tutorial, it is supposed that your unit tests are exported as XML first... But that's not very practical. Is there a way, instead, to run all tests from a given project without having this export?
My first thought on how to do this would be to:
- grab the project (by name, I suppose?),
- grab the list of classes defined by this project,
- inspect the classes,
- consider unit tests only these classes which extend (directly or not) %UnitTest.TestCase,
- consider test methods only those methods whose name start with Test,
- run each method individually.
I'd have expected %UnitTest.Manager to provide such a method instead but it appears that it doesn't :/ At least, as far as I can see. And I still don't "see" much...
Do you have a better approach?