Question
· Jun 30, 2023

Is it possible to revert the BRE editor UI in 2023.1

Hello

We are in the process of upgrading to 2023.1 for InterSystems Health Connect, and the Business Rule Engine editor is very difficult to use compared to 2022.1. It's difficult to scan over the rules as it all looks the same style with barely any distinction between rules, constraints, conditions, whens etc. There's also tonnes of whitespace, and searching on the page is hit and miss (using Ctrl + F) . I can see the previous editor is still available when you modify the URL, but I'm wondering if we can set it to be the default editor, and if this is something supported.

Thanks

Lewis

Product version: IRIS 2023.1
Discussion (7)4

Thanks for the feedback. We made sure that the product teams heard your perspective.

There is a button somewhere in the new rules editor for switching back to the old one. System wide, you can also disable the web application for the new rules editor. 

We expect that the old ZEN based rules editor will be deprecated eventually. However, there are plenty of enhancements to the new in the pipeline based on valuable feedback like this. 

Is there more to this than just disabling the web application? That simply causes the "Open" button in the Business Rules List or Business Process to display an authentication page, which does not allow one to log on. Until the new rules editor is sorted, it would be nice not  to require extra steps each time a rule needs editing.

EDIT: Oops ... disabled the wrong service (/api/interop-editors). Disabling the right service (/ui/interop/rule-editor) does the job.

Hi: 

We agree we loaded up the page and Ctrl + F did not work in Google Chrome on Windows. Due to this really as a key workflow we are having to revert back to the old viewer. 

Mixed views on the new layout, some people are big fans that it is more separated out and with it saying "if and then" rather than when and an action that wasn't as clearly broken up. 

There is too much whitespace around the if and then boxes i would say. The rule box fits very neatly  but especially if you have an if expression 1 and only a simple send with a transform the boxes are just a little big with whitespace. 

One thing we discussed was the rule numbers. When you do a "test" or the rule logging it will at first return a rule number effected still but rule numbers are not on the rule editor. I understand i think the rationale as developers rule numbers themselves change so for internal development reference in notes they shouldn't be used but think in terms of UI the rule numbers should probably be included. 

How do you generally go about requesting bug fixes or just general improvements? In category on the production monitor a lower case a going below something starting with an upper case Z is still mildy frustating