Question
· Nov 15, 2021

Cache Studio : Error #6716: Target already in debug mode when attaching to a routine

I often get this message when trying to attach to the routine second time. The only way I was able to fix this is by restarting the Cache server.

Then I can do debugging once, but second time, the error pops up again. Very annoying. Is there a way to fix that without restarting the server ?

Thank you 

Dean Kavicki

Product version: Caché 2017.1
$ZV: Cache for Windows (x86-64) 2017.2.2 (Build 865_3U) Thu May 9 2019 15:21:00 EDT
Discussion (3)2

Hello,

Do you mean the 'Studio > Debug > Attach to process' option?

If yes, the process must end or you need to detach from it before attaching to another.

In my particular setup this usually means hitting the stop button while I'm over a break or interrupt point because otherwise caché kills the job and I have problems.

I'm not an expert in these concerns. I may be wrong in some point.

I have noticed that this particular explained behaviour happens if I, during the debugging, continue until the end of execution of the debugged code. But,  if I stop the debbuger explicitely during the debugging, then it does not happen and I can attach next time again without a problem.

Since there seems that no one experiences this, I'm going to accept this a an acceptable reply so the issue can be closed