InterSystems Globals Contest
Ready for the next contest? We are glad to invite you all to the 19th InterSystems online programming competition:
🏆 InterSystems Globals Contest 🏆
Duration: March 21 - April 10, 2022
In prizes: $10,000
Globals or direct data access - is the heart of InterSystems IRIS persistence engine. All the IRIS data that could be accessed via SQL, REST-API, ObjectScript, DocDB, or Native API is stored in globals.
Globals engine is responsible for the performance, reliability, and scalability of InterSystems IRIS.
In this contest, we invite everyone to contribute open source applications that will use InterSystems IRIS globals to read, store and change the data. We invite you to use the power of globals to leverage the performance of data ingestion and reading along with the flexibility of storage schema that lets to introduce arbitrary data model implementations.
- Accepted applications: new to Open Exchange apps or existing ones, but with a significant improvement. Our team will review all applications before approving them for the contest.
- The application should work either on IRIS Community Edition or IRIS for Health Community Edition or IRIS Advanced Analytics Community Edition.
- The application should be Open Source and published on GitHub.
- The README file to the application should be in English, contain the installation steps, and contain either the video demo or/and a description of how the application works.
1. Experts Nomination – winners will be selected by the team of InterSystems experts:
🥇 1st place - $4,000
🥈 2nd place - $2,000
🥉 3rd place - $1,000
🌟 4-15th places - $100
2. Community winners – applications that will receive the most votes in total:
🥇 1st place - $1,000
🥈 2nd place - $750
🥉 3rd place - $500
✨ Global Masters badges for all winners included!
Note: If several participants score the same amount of votes, they all are considered winners, and the money prize is shared among the winners.
🛠 Application development and registration phase:
- March 21st, 2022 (00:00 EST): Contest begins.
- April 3, 2022 (23:59 EST): Deadline for submissions.
✅ Voting period:
- April 4, 2022 (00:00 EST): Voting begins.
- April 10, 2022 (23:59 EST): Voting ends.
Note: Developers can improve their apps throughout the entire registration and voting period.
Who Can Participate?
Any Developer Community member, except for InterSystems employees (ISC contractors allowed). Create an account!
Developers can team up to create a collaborative application. Allowed from 2 to 5 developers in one team.
Do not forget to highlight your team members in the README of your application – DC user profiles.
Globals are sparse multidimensional arrays that could be stored and managed within the IRIS database. You can deal with Globals using ObjectScript and Native API.
✓ Example applications:
- Using Globals
- Using Multidimensional Storage (Globals)
- Managing globals in management portal
✓ Articles + video:
✓ For beginners with IRIS:
✓ For beginners with ObjectScript Package Manager (ZPM):
- How to Build, Test and Publish ZPM Package with REST Application for InterSystems IRIS
- Package First Development Approach with InterSystems IRIS and ZPM
✓ How to submit your app to the contest:
Join the contest channel on InterSystems' Discord server or talk with us in the comment to this post.
We can't wait to see your projects! Good luck 👍
By participating in this contest, you agree to the competition terms laid out here. Please read them carefully before proceeding.