InterSystems AI Programming Contest
We're pleased to announce the next InterSystems online programming competition:
Duration: June 28 - July 25, 2021
Total prize: $8,750
Landing page: https://contest.intersystems.com
1. Experts Nomination - a specially selected jury will determine winners:
🥇 1st place - $4,000
🥈 2nd place - $2,000
🥉 3rd place - $1,000
2. Community winners - applications that will receive the most votes in total:
🥇 1st place - $1,000
🥈 2nd place - $500
🥉 3rd place - $250
If several participants score the same amount of votes, they all are considered winners, and the money prize is shared among the winners.
Who can participate?
Any Developer Community member, except for InterSystems employees. Create an account!
👥 Developers can team up to create a collaborative application. Allowed from 2 to 5 developers in one team.
Do not forget to highlight your team members in the README of your application – DC user profiles.
🛠 June 28 - July 18: Application development and registration phase.
✅ July 19 - July 25: Voting period.
🎉 July 26: Winners announcement.
Note: Developers can improve their apps throughout the entire registration and voting period.
🤖 Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning 🤖
Develop an AI/ML solution using InterSystems IRIS. Your application could be a library, package, tool, or any AI/ML solution which uses InterSystems IRIS.
Here are the requirements:
- Accepted applications: new to Open Exchange apps or existing ones, but with a significant improvement. Our team will review all applications before approving them for the contest.
- Build the app that either uses AI/ML capabilities with InterSystems IRIS.
- The application should work either on IRIS Community Edition or IRIS for Health Community Edition or IRIS Advanced Analytics Community Edition.
- The application should be Open Source and published on GitHub.
- The README file to the application should be in English, contain the installation steps, and contain either the video demo or/and a description of how the application works.
- Source code of the InterSystems ObjectScript part (if any)should be available in UDL format (not XML). Example.
The requirements above are subject to change.
➡️ Some ideas for contestants.
Use Embedded Python to join the current contest!
Embedded Python is a new feature of InterSystems IRIS that gives you the option to use python as a "first-class citizen" in backend business logic development with InterSystems classes.
Embedded Python could be used in "on-demand" images that could be delivered via InterSystems InterSystems Early Access Program (EAP) if you refer to firstname.lastname@example.org. More details here.
1. Templates we suggest to start from:
2. Data import tools:
4. Online courses & videos:
- Learn IntegratedML in InterSystems IRIS
- Preparing Your Data for Machine Learning
- Predictive Modeling with the Machine Learning Toolkit
- IntegratedML Resource Guide
- Getting Started with IntegratedML
- Machine Learning with IntegratedML & Data Robot
5. How to submit your app to the contest:
Voting rules will be announced soon. Stay tuned!
We're waiting for YOUR great project – join our coding marathon to win!
❗️ Please check out the Official Contest Terms here.❗️