I have a dll that creates an Excel document
I would be delighted to help you debug your word dll.
I have been using activate for years. but when the 64 bit Cache was lauanced the 64 bit link did not work with the activate wizard. ( this is now fixed in the 2016.2 version)
So I was forced to created the .net dll
My original problem was that there were too many parameters. so I added a top level dll to simplyfy the call
The Cache Studio allows you to chain these dll(s) go gether.
I also used the viual studio to create this module. and it is in constans use.
Since your version is not working yet may I offfer some advice for your consideration.
Embed all the commands with a single common library. in this way all your 'File Generation' code call will be a single source. in this way you will have only one place to expand or correct any problems.
All my reports are in excel spread sheets. Thus all these report generating routines build a common template
at the very end of the code each calls a common code with evokes all the file creation processes.
The younger developers know how to populate the template for with the reporting cache software, but they have no need of the knowledge on how to transfer this template into an actual file. The system does this for them. Thus the maintenance of the library is entirely independent of all these reports. Thus if in the future Mircosoft or Intersystems change the rules there is only one place to go and fix the change
I have extended this further. When I call the template I first check the Cache version. if it is a 32 bit code I pass the template through the Activate channel for both Word and Excel. If I am running a 64 bit Cache version I pass the templaye to the Dll version.
If you think we have common email me