Question
· Feb 22, 2019

How do I Create a "TrakCare Login" account in HealthShare so I can access the Layout Editor for the Clinical Viewer?

Hi -

I'm trying to follow the documentation, but I seem to end up in a circular reference, where the docs say "Login to TrakCare" to get access to the Layout Editor, with a link to "Logging Into TrakCare", and then that whole sections assumes that the account being used has been created, but doesn't seem to point to any means of actually creating the account in the first place.

Where is it described in the HealthShare Documentation, how to create a TrakCare login account?

This is on:     Cache for Windows (x86-64) 2017.1.1 (Build 111_0_17521U) Wed Jul 26 2017 13:08:05 EDT [HealthShare Modules:Core:15.03.8382 + Linkage Engine:15.03.8382 + Patient Index:15.03.8382 + Clinical Viewer:15.03.8382 + Active Analytics:15.03.8382]

Discussion (1)1

You don't need to create a special Trak login to access the clinical viewer editor (which is still labelled "TrakCare" in many places even though this is the name of a different product). You can use a normal HealthShare/Cache login plus a default Trak login and password:

1. Go to http://localhost:57772/csp/healthshare/hsaccess/web/default.htm.
    You will need to change the hostname and port to match your system, and may need to change "hsaccess" if your access gateway namespace has a different name. Use Internet Explorer if you will need to access the Layout Editor as well.

2. Click the "Login" Button.

3. Enter a HealthShare/Cache username and password (e.g., _SYSTEM or the user that installed the instance).

4. On the next login screen that says, "InterSystems TrakCare" enter hs for the username and demo for the password.

There usually isn't a need to customize this Trak login/password, since the viewer is secured with the first login screen.