Question
· Aug 15, 2017

Deleting/renaming productions

I have a few productions that my developers named "TEST" and would ideally would like them to have more relevant names. Is there a way to rename a production? I tried exporting and deploying the production under a new name and it worked, but my new production is empty. Also I'd like to delete a production that is in a suspended state. When I attempt to delete the suspended production, I get errors that the production isn't stopped, so can't be deleted. I can't start it to clear the suspended status, either. I get the following error:

14:26:18.126:Ens.Director: Production 'CHSLI.TEST' starting... 
14:26:18.126:Ens.Director: ERROR <Ens>ErrException: <CLASS DOES NOT EXIST>zStartProduction+40^Ens.Director.1 *CHSLI.TEST -- logged as '-' number - @' Set tSC=$classmethod(pProductionName,"OnStart",tStartTime) Quit:('tSC)' 
14:26:18.126:Ens.Director: ERROR <Ens>ErrException: <CLASS DOES NOT EXIST>zStartProduction+40^Ens.Director.1 *CHSLI.TEST -- logged as '-' number - @' Set tSC=$classmethod(pProductionName,"OnStart",tStartTime) Quit:('tSC)' Production 'CHSLI.TEST' not started: ERROR <Ens>ErrException: <CLASS DOES NOT EXIST>zStartProduction+40^Ens.Director.1 *CHSLI.TEST -- logged as '-' number - @' Set tSC=$classmethod(pProductionName,"OnStart",tStartTime) Quit:('tSC)'

Thanks, Lewis

Discussion (5)1

Let's say you have this production definition:

Class Passthrough.Production Extends Ens.Production
{

XData ProductionDefinition
{
<Production Name="TEST" LogGeneralTraceEvents="false">
  <Description></Description>
  <ActorPoolSize>2</ActorPoolSize>
  <Item Name="PassthroughOperation" Category="" ClassName="EnsLib.SOAP.GenericOperation" PoolSize="1" Enabled="true" Foreground="false" Comment="" LogTraceEvents="false" Schedule="">
    <Setting Target="Adapter" Name="HTTPServer">www.webservicex.net</Setting>
    <Setting Target="Adapter" Name="URL">|</Setting>
  </Item>
  <Item Name="PassthroughService" Category="" ClassName="Passthrough.PassthroughService" PoolSize="0" Enabled="true" Foreground="false" Comment="" LogTraceEvents="false" Schedule="">
    <Setting Target="Host" Name="TargetConfigName">PassthroughProcess</Setting>
    <Setting Target="Adapter" Name="EnableStandardRequests">1</Setting>
    <Setting Target="Adapter" Name="Port"></Setting>
    <Setting Target="Host" Name="OneWay">1</Setting>
  </Item>
  <Item Name="PassthroughProcess" Category="" ClassName="Passthrough.PassthroughProcess" PoolSize="1" Enabled="true" Foreground="false" Comment="" LogTraceEvents="false" Schedule="">
    <Setting Target="Host" Name="TargetConfigName">PassthroughOperation</Setting>
  </Item>
</Production>
}

You can change

<Production Name="TEST"

To any other name.

After recompile, new name should be displayed in SMP.

I think the class name and the production name need to match so in Studio you use Tools->CopyClass to get a class with the meaningful name. And then edit the Production Name in the XData.

Class MyPackage.MyMeaningfulName Extends Ens.Production
{

XData ProductionDefinition
{
<Production Name="MyPackage.MyMeaningfulName" LogGeneralTraceEvents="false">
  <Description></Description>