Question
· Jul 14, 2017

In a bit of a cache.dat pickle

I'm trying to recreate a smaller copy of our DEV machine on a sandbox instance.  I installed a new instance, and thought it would be a good idea to copy over a few cache.dat files from the critical namespaces (but not all of them), and start from there.

However, I can't compile any UI files in my new instance because I'm getting a <PROTECT> error on the %qCacheMsg global -- for any element that displays text (i.e. the first <label> that's encountered) the generated code is trying to get text from the global  ^%qCacheMsg("%Utility","en",node) = text -- from a node that doesn't exist.

Of course, I tried to import the global from the DEV machine, but no luck - it's not the kind of thing you're supposed to be able to do. 

What do you think my best course of action would be - start over with a fresh namespace / cache.dat in my sandbox? make the CACHELIB database writable temporarily?

I think I'll start fresh with the main namespace that contains all the code, and copy cache.dat files for the namespaces with some data.  

Thanks,

Laura

Discussion (1)0

Code should be stored in source control and there should be some sort of installer that does all required steps to get an application running.

That said,  ^%qCacheMsg is stored in CACHELIB, which is Read-Only by default. <PROTECT>  means either read or write error, so you need to add roles to your current user and/or make  CACHELIB writable temporaly.