Question
· Aug 18, 2016

Read only Async mirror setup

I have setup an async reporting mirror member with Read only access.  My problem is that if I try to do any sql reporting against that data I am getting errors.  I am sure that this is because the DB is read only, but I had assumed that setting up a reporting mirror would handle this.

I there a setting or mapping  I am missing?

Discussion (7)1

Is is possible you have a version mismatch here?

There is a new parameter for %Library.Integer called STRICT, but I believe this is only in version 2016.2 and up.

I don't have much knowledge about mirroring, but if your main system was a 2016.2 field test version, and your mirrored system was 2016.1.2, the 2016.1.2 system would not recognize STRICT as being a valid type parameter for %Integer properties.

Database mirroring is a solution for increasing the availability of a SQL Server database. Mirroring is implemented on a per-database basis and works only with databases that use the full recovery model. The only mirror of SQL Server DBM is in principle not accessible for read-only activity. However using another technology of SQL Server Database Snapshots, one can make this happen.