Web Service & Client Service confusion
Please consider these two concepts:
Concept 1 - Web Service or Web Application or Server Side
Concept 2 - Client Service or Client Application or Client Side
Maybe I am just a Web/Zen newbie, if I am and you all understand this, I apologize. (no nasty remarks please)
The questions are numbered, if you wish to respond to an individual question please precede it by the question number.
- Is there consistency in naming these concepts?
- Are CSP, Caché Server Pages used for the Web Server Side only? Or both sides?
- The InterSystems documentation, Securing Caché Web Services, used for the Web Server side only?
I thought I understood Web Server Side and Client Server Side until I started looking into them, both in InterSystems documentation and outside documents.
It would help if the documentation were more consistent in this matter.
So I ask for your thoughts,
- What are various names for the Web Services and Client Services?
- In the InterSystems Zen application used for both sides? It seems that way from the documentation.
- Are there other issues concerning Web Server and Client Server I am missing and you want to enlighten the group on?
- Am I the only one having this confusion?
Thanks for your time - Mike