Junior Application Support Analyst - Manchester, England
An exciting position has arisen for a Junior Application Support Analyst in an established support team. The role will suit candidates looking to enter, or are at the start of their career in, the software industry who want to provide good customer service, enjoy finding solutions for problems and are enthusiastic about software and technology. http://codas.com
- Provide 1st / 2nd line support for bespoke applications including its users, associated services, and configurations via telephone, email and remote access
- Diagnose incidents
- Coordination of support queries to colleagues which cannot be resolved by the 1st line
- Deployment of software onto client systems
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate technical skills that will allow quick progression into a technical 3rd line position.
CDS typical starting and finishing times within support are between 8am and 6pm from Monday to Friday, 35hrs per week, with occasional evening and weekend working being required. Successful candidates must demonstrate flexibility and eagerness to adjust working hours and patterns to meet the needs of our customers and always see issues through to completion. £18-25k per annum plus benefits based on experience.
A period of acclimatisation and training will be necessary, all of which will be provided for the successful applicant. You may be required to work within other departments such as the Development and QA teams during the initial training period in order to enhance your knowledge and experience with our software.
Once the successful candidate has developed the product knowledge required, they will be expected to show flexibility and eagerness to assist across the other teams in the business. Turning their hand to whatever is needed which might be QA, documentation writing or training.
- Basic programming skills will be integral to the role
- Analytical and systematic approach to troubleshooting plus a willingness to learn and develop your skills and knowledge adapting to the changing landscape
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Great interpersonal and communications skills to be part of a driven, close knit team whilst liaising regularly with some very high-profile clients.
- Desire and ability to become an expert in complex applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Minimum HND qualified or equivalent experience in an IT or software discipline.
- Experience within a similar role
- Experience of using CODAS
- Experience of MUMPS or InterSystems Caché programming languages
- Experience with Windows operating system
- Experience accessing and manipulating databases (e.g. MySQL and MSSQL: Querying, writing scripts etc)
- Ability to interpret XML/JSON requests
- A understanding of network protocols
- Knowledge of Oil / Gas distribution industry
- DevOps or WebOps
CDS Computer Design Systems Ltd is an independent SME, based near Manchester City Centre, specialising in the Oil and Gas distribution software market for over 45 years with strong ties throughout the industry.
The Company also provides a contributory pension scheme, permanent health insurance and private medical insurance, all subject to appropriate qualifying periods and acceptance on normal terms.
If you would like to apply for this role please email email@example.com with a covering letter confirming your eligibility to work in the UK and an updated copy of your CV.