InterSystems has corrected a defect that can result in application data integrity issues following an abnormal shutdown.
This problem exists for:
- Caché and Ensemble 2018.1.2
- HealthShare Health Connect (HSAP) 15.032 on Core version 2018.1.2
- InterSystems IRIS Data Platform 2019.1
- InterSystems IRIS for Health 2019.1
- HealthShare Health Connect 2019.1
The defect breaks the journal sync guarantee that all updates in the journal buffer have been written to the journal file. The failure is silent: it does not generate an error message and there is no entry about it in any log file.
Specifically, an abnormal shutdown that occurs immediately after a journal sync may result in journal updates that cannot be recovered during the subsequent startup because they were never committed to disk in the journal file. An abnormal shutdown results from either:
- A forced shutdown of the instance
- An operating system shutdown or crash
The correction for this defect is identified as HYY2350. It will be included in all future product releases. It is also available via Ad hoc distribution from the InterSystems Worldwide Response Center (WRC).
If you have any questions regarding this alert, please contact the Worldwide Response Center.