InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health 2020.1 are GA (Generally Available)
GA releases are now published for the 2020.1 version of InterSystems IRIS, IRIS for Health, and IRIS Studio!
A full set of kits and containers for these products are available from the WRC Software Distribution site, including community editions of InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health.
The build number for these releases is 2020.1.0.215.0.
InterSystems IRIS Data Platform 2020.1 makes it even easier to develop and deploy real-time, machine learning-enabled applications that bridge data and application silos. It has many new capabilities including:
- Kernel Performance enhancements, including reduced contention for blocks and cache lines
- Universal Query Cache - every query (including embedded & class ones) now gets saved as a cached query
- Universal Shard Queue Manager - for scale-out of query load in sharded configurations
- Selective Cube Build - to quickly incorporate new dimensions or measures
- Security improvements, including hashed password configuration
- Improved TSQL support, including JDBC support
- Dynamic Gateway performance enhancements
- Spark connector update
- MQTT support in ObjectScript
InterSystems IRIS for Health 2020.1 includes all of the enhancements of InterSystems IRIS. In addition, this release includes:
- In-place conversion to IRIS for Health
- HL7 Productivity Toolkit including Migration Tooling and Cloverleaf conversion
- X12 enhancements
- FHIR R4 base standard support
As this is an EM (extended maintenance) release, many customers may want to know the differences between 2020.1 and 2019.1. These are listed in the release notes:
Documentation can be found here:
InterSystems IRIS Studio 2020.1 is a standalone development image supported on Microsoft Windows. It works with InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health version 2020.1 and below, as well as with Caché and Ensemble.
The platforms on which InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health 2020.1 are supported for production and development are detailed in the Supported Platforms document.