InterSystems Interoperability Contest: Building Sustainable Solutions
Want to show off your interoperability skills? Take part in our next exciting contest:
🏆 InterSystems Interoperability Contest: Building Sustainable Solutions 🏆
Duration: August 29 - September 18
More prizes: $13,500 – prize distribution has changed!
>> Submit your application here <<
💡 Interoperability solutions for InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health 💡
Develop any interoperability solution or a solution that helps to develop or/and maintain interoperability solutions using InterSystems IRIS or InterSystems IRIS for Health.
In addition, we invite developers to try their hand at solving one of the global issues. This time it will be a Sustainable Development Problem.
We encourage you to join this competition and build solutions aimed at solving sustainability issues:
1) You will receive a special bonus if your application can solve sustainability issues, ESG, alternative energy sources, optimum utilization, etc.
2) There will also be another bonus if you prepare and submit a dataset related to sustainability, ESG, alternative energy sources, or optimum utilization.
- Accepted applications: new to Open Exchange apps or existing ones, but with a significant improvement. Our team will review all applications before approving them for the contest.
- The application should work either on IRIS Community Edition or IRIS for Health Community Edition or IRIS Advanced Analytics Community Edition.
- The application should be Open Source and published on GitHub.
- The README file to the application should be in English, contain the installation steps, and contain either the video demo or/and a description of how the application works.
🆕 Contest Prizes:
You asked – we did it! This time we've increased the prizes and changed the prize distribution!
1. Experts Nomination – winners will be selected by the team of InterSystems experts:
🥇 1st place - $5,000
🥈 2nd place - $3,000
🥉 3rd place - $1,500
🏅 4th place - $750
🏅 5th place - $500
🌟 6-10th places - $100
2. Community winners – applications that will receive the most votes in total:
🥇 1st place - $1,000
🥈 2nd place - $750
🥉 3rd place - $500
✨ Global Masters badges for all winners included!
Note: If several participants score the same amount of votes, they all are considered winners, and the money prize is shared among the winners.
🛠 Application development and registration phase:
- August 29, 2022 (00:00 EST): Contest begins.
- September 11, 2022 (23:59 EST): Deadline for submissions.
✅ Voting period:
- September 12, 2022 (00:00 EST): Voting begins.
- September 18, 2022 (23:59 EST): Voting ends.
Note: Developers can improve their apps throughout the entire registration and voting period.
Who Can Participate?
Any Developer Community member, except for InterSystems employees (ISC contractors allowed). Create an account!
Developers can team up to create a collaborative application. Allowed from 2 to 5 developers in one team.
Do not forget to highlight your team members in the README of your application – DC user profiles.
✓ Instruqt plays:
✓ Example applications:
- HL7 and SMS Interoperability Demo
- UnitTest DTL HL7
- Twitter Sentiment Analysis with IRIS
- Healthcare HL7 XML
- RabbitMQ adapter
- PEX demo
✓ Online courses:
✓ For beginners with IRIS:
✓ For beginners with ObjectScript Package Manager (ZPM):
- How to Build, Test and Publish ZPM Package with REST Application for InterSystems IRIS
- Package First Development Approach with InterSystems IRIS and ZPM
✓ How to submit your app to the contest:
Join the contest channel on InterSystems' Discord server or talk with us in the comment to this post.
We can't wait to see your projects! Good luck 👍
By participating in this contest, you agree to the competition terms laid out here. Please read them carefully before proceeding.