An exciting position has arisen for an Application Support Analyst 3rd Line, in an established support team. The role will suit candidates looking to work in the software industry who want to provide good customer service, enjoy finding solutions for problems and are enthusiastic about software and technology. http://codas.com
- Provide support for bespoke applications including its users, associated services, and configurations
- Troubleshoot applications using custom code and tools
- Provide effective root cause analysis investigations for problem management process
- Liaise with development team to provide end-user fixes or temporary workarounds
- Coordinate and assist internal and external technical teams in configuring environments and deploying updates
- Support internal and external teams with requests about application capabilities and assist with business analysis, gap analysis and assessing new functional requirements
- Provide regular and adhoc reports, internally and for clients
CDS typical starting and finishing times within support are between 8am and 6pm from Monday to Friday, 35hrs per week, with occasional evening and weekend working being required. Successful candidates must demonstrate flexibility and eagerness to adjust working hours and patterns to meet the needs of our customers and always see issues through to completion.
A period of acclimatisation and training will be necessary, all of which will be provided for the successful applicant. You may be required to work within other departments such as the Development and QA teams during the initial training period in order to enhance your knowledge and experience with our software.
Once the successful candidate has developed the product knowledge required, they will be expected to show flexibility and eagerness to assist across the other teams in the business. Turning their hand to whatever is needed which might be QA, documentation writing or training.
- At least 2 years’ experience within a similar role
- Basic programming skills will be integral to the role
- Experience in setup and use of monitoring tools
- Analytical and systematic approach to troubleshooting plus a willingness to learn and develop your skills and knowledge adapting to the changing landscape
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a fastpaced environment
- Great interpersonal and communications skills to be part of a driven, close knit team whilst liaising regularly with some very highprofile clients.
- Desire and ability to become an expert in complex application
- Experience of using CODAS
- Experience of MUMPS or InterSystems Caché programming languages
- Experience with Windows operating system
- Experience accessing and manipulating databases (e.g. MySQL and MSSQL: Querying, writing scripts etc)
- Ability to interpret XML/JSON requests
- A good understanding of network protocols
- Knowledge of Oil / Gas distribution industry
- DevOps or WebOps
CDS Computer Design Systems Ltd is an independent SME, based near Manchester City Centre, specialising in the Oil and Gas distribution software market for over 45 years with strong ties throughout the industry.
The Company also provides a contributory pension scheme, permanent health insurance and private medical insurance, all subject to appropriate qualifying periods and acceptance on normal terms. £25k-35k per annum plus benefits based on experience.
If you would like to apply for this role please email email@example.com with a covering letter confirming your eligibility to work in the UK and an updated copy of your CV