Question
· Jan 13, 2020

Cache Install Windows 10 Permission Error

I am trying to install Cache version 2018.1.0.184.0 on a Windows 10 System and i keep running into Permission errors during installation. I am getting

"Error 1406 Could not write value to key \SOFTWARE\Intersystems\\Classes\CLSID\{D11481CD-3B24-42E1-A20A-D179CDB6BEC5}\InstallCount"

I am signed in as an Administrator, i am running the installer as an administrator and i have edited permissions in the Registry to the referenced keys and i still can't get this to install. Has anyone run into this before and have some advice? I am pulling my hair out over here. 

Any help is appreciated.

Discussion (1)0

A few of things you could try:

1. Restore any changes you made to the registry using a backup
  2. Use a system restore point to restore your system to a point before the Caché installation
  3. Use a newer build of Caché eg. Caché 2018.1.3.414 if you are able to.

Alternatively, you might want to contact Intersystems WRC directly or try an installation on a clean system to see if you get the same error. We have a number of small teams in our organisation that use Caché. Our application support team wanted to simplify upgrades to Caché so they designed a simple batch script and published it through SCCM for Windows 10 clients.  The script was based on the 'unattended installation' commands described in the installation guide and involved removing previous Caché versions before installing the desired version. You also might not need the full-kit for your needs - particularly if you are connecting to a remote Caché instance from the Windows 10 client and you use Atelier or VSCode for development.