Question
· Nov 20, 2018

Resource that starts/stop the production

Hi,

I need to create a role that is able to monitor the production, but isn't allowed to shut down the production or individual services.

Is there a particular resource that is allowed to do this, so I can remove it?

Any help is appreciated. 

Joost

Discussion (3)0

You can use Event Log Viewer to monitor Ensemble production.

Create a role that has these resources:

• %Ens_EventLog on U
  • %Ens_Portal on U

And give to the user only this role (plus RO access to the DB probably).

As a result user can access only Event Log:

There's a complete list of Ensemble resources with their descriptions in docs, so other pages could be made available to the user.

Hi Eduard,

Thanks for your reply.

I should clarify when I say monitor, I mean being actually able to see the production and navigate the message bank. Being able to see the routingrules and/or transformations would be nice, but not necesary.

I have (sort of) accomplished this in Ensemble, but in HealthConnect/Share I just can't get it done.

Also, if I follow your steps and open the eventlog I get the message ERROR #5580: SQL Privilege Violation: 'User Testuser is not privileged for the operation' SOURCE ELEMENT: %ZEN.Component.tablePane (table)

I previously got this error when trying to open the messagebank from the production configuration.

Hopefully you can help me further, if not, thanks for your time anyway, I greatly appreciate it

Also, if I follow your steps and open the eventlog I get the message ERROR #5580: SQL Privilege Violation: 'User Testuser is not privileged for the operation' SOURCE ELEMENT: %ZEN.Component.tablePane (table)

Testuser does not have required privileges to access Ens_Util.Log table. Add SELECT privilege for the Testuser. You may also need to add %DB_<DBNAME> role.

I previously got this error when trying to open the messagebank from the production configuration.

You'll need SELECT privilege on Ens.MessageHeader and %Ens_MessageHeader resource on U.

I have (sort of) accomplished this in Ensemble, but in HealthConnect/Share I just can't get it done.

How?

I should clarify when I say monitor, I mean being actually able to see the production and navigate the message bank. Being able to see the routingrules and/or transformations would be nice, but not necesary.

Check other available pages and resources. There are separate resources for message headers, message contents, visual trace, rules and so on. Production config page is exactly for configuring production.