Discussion (4)1

Is there any chance of making the Atelier plugin available as a zip file that I can download and then install manually into Eclipse?

The firewall at our workplace isn't happy about some certificate issue and blocks the online install (sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.)

@Wolf Koelling I had the same problem but there is a work-a-round. There's a article that describes how to download a digital certificate from your CA and import it into the cacerts store using keytool.

One of the difficulties I had was I was unable to modify the cacerts file using keytool because it required admin access to make changes to a file under C:\Program Files(x86)\Java.

Fortunately, you can copy the cacerts file to your user directory and change the eclipse.ini file to reference the new location for your cacerts certificate store.

-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=C:/Users/user1/cacerts

Then follow the instructions to download the atelier plugin here

Your installation requirements may be different from mine, so you may want to contact Intersystems WRC for advice specific to your needs. Please understand however that it is a problem with the Java certificate store, used by your JRE, not recognising your CA to allow HTTPS traffic to download the plugin through the eclipse IDE. It is not a firewall issue.

Many thanks Stephen, that worked for me (took me a little while to get it right).

For information, I followed Andreas' advice also, contacting WRC about the possibility of an archive file. The answer was

"our development team has discussed the possibility of providing an archive with the plugin, but
given the complications of including all the dependencies and the lack of clear upgrade path have
made this a very low priority"

They suggested the same approach, adding the certificate to the java certificate store, as the solution instead.