Question
· Jan 30, 2017

Investigating how to enhance our Sensitive data flag for other data sets

Hello. New to the forum and was hoping I could get some expert help here. I have one data set that is using CHD Logic to combine Procedure and Diagnosis codes to define Sensitive data and flag the record for additional protected filtering. The files coming in define what is flagged and the Clinical Info Rule and Clinical Info Type are tied to the flag in the file which identifies it as a additional protected record.

Now, I would like to enhance that and have been investigating how to use Clinical Info Rules, Types, Consent Rules and Consent Groups to now filter on the other data sets coming in with the same Procedure and Diagnosis codes but without the need for the Combined codes (just filtering off of each individual ICD9/10 code to be flagged as needing the extra protection behind "break the glass". I'm running into an issue with the instructions that say "Define Consent Rules based on Clinical Information Types". Does anyone have any helpful hints on how to do this? I'm not afraid of making multiple rules/types to accomplish this. I just need to know the most efficient way and how to create consent rules (as I'm having a hard time finding that info).

Thank you!

Yvette Moore

Discussion (1)0

Yvette ---

See the Information Exchange Consent Guide for  information on Clinical Information Types and how they are developed. It's available to HealthShare customers online at learning.intersystems.com.  Select HealthShare in the Product Category, and Resource Guide in the Content Type.  Select Resource Guide:  Learn HealthShare Information Exchange.  In Section: Running a HealthShare Information Exchange, you will find the Information Exchange Consent Guide.

Rather than flagging records as sensitive as data arrives, clinical data is assessed against existing consent policies when someone asks to view data for that patient.  This approach enables us to change policies at any time, and to have those policies implemented for all data, no matter when it was loaded.

Clinical Consent rules are built to evaluate the data in our Clinical Data Repositories, using our internal data format.