Question
· Oct 11, 2016

Modify search summary view

Would it be possible to include more lines, and maybe even replace line breaks with a space, to allow you to view the posts that are made more efficiently?

For example, I clicked on Caché and noticed that almost everyone began with "Hi", which ended up not really allowing you to review any of the posts before diving deeper.

Discussion (4)0

I apologize for not speaking more specifically. I am speaking to the results page for search and tags pages. In other words, when you are provided multiple posts/questions at once.

The easiest way to simulate this is to click on "Caché" from the BROWSE BY TAG side-bar and review the results provided.

Many users "greet" the reader in the first few lines. This requires you to visit the page to "view a summary" rather than using the query page to pull this information.

After reviewing several, I'd recommend the following on the results page:

1. Removing any WYSIWYG formatting that was done on the post. Although appropriate for the individual post, you'll find that many are screaming their header.
  2. Replacing line breaks with spaces.
  3. Set the summary's font size to 1em, which the user can scale as they see fit.