User Answers

Neither - I think it best to just remove all the code and leave a stub with just a comment (usually with the change request id and reason).

That ensures the unused code is removed from all downstream libraries, so does not pop up in searches and testing, and yet keeps a record of its previous existence. I've always been against leaving unused code in source files, even if it's "commented out".

An alternative solution that works for us is to use the "Schedule" setting to run it for 30m (to allow some leeway as the job takes a while), and then set the "Call Interval" setting to something very large like "999999". This is for an Inbound SQL adaptor. (If something goes wrong with this overnight run then we manually remove the "Schedule" setting and restart the Service. Once complete, we put back the setting ready for the next night.)

Hi - we may be overcomplicating the solution here. Rather than comparing the age for every record, all you need is to work out a single cut off date to compare against the DOB. This was given in Jill's answer above, but another variation that might be clearer is:

WHERE DOB < todate((tochar(current_date,'YYYY')-12)||'0101','yyyymmdd')

I may have misunderstood your requirement, but  you may not need a Business Rule at all. To pull data from the request into the context  I've actually used Transforms.

if you open the class in Studio, and view the "Inspector" pane, then pick "Property" from the first drop down and your property in the other (or double click it), then it shows a very long list of possible things you can add. It may even show all of them, I don't know. You can then click on the values to enter them, sometimes getting drop down lists of possible values.

I've often used the inspector as a way of finding out what might be available, and then searching any keywords in the Caché documentation to confirm how to use it.

Regards,

Mike

The timeouts for the web front end can be frustrating. Where we had searches that we wanted to do regularly we have ended up creating a Business Service class that does embedded SQL queries on the Ens.MessageHeader table, and puts the results into a simple text message that then gets sent as an attachment to an email. This gives us our daily stats in a CSV format to copy and paste into a spreadsheet.

This may be slightly dodgy as it depends on assuming how the DTL will be compile, but I have used them to implement a loop around a set of standard DTL actions.

Hi Steve,

I have done something like you describe. I used BPL, and at the time tried to keep away from using bits of code, but it got complex and in retrospect I'm not sure it was the best way. The diagrams are nice, but I think a bit of well written code might have been easier to follow!

First I created a "TempStore" class with an "MRN" (Medical Records Number) property and no permanent storage. This is used as the target class for a transform that pulls out the patient id and puts it in that property.