One concern with using this method is that it actually goes in and kills all of the cache for the cube by killing the globals containing the cache.  What affect will this have if it is done while users are using the Analyzer for example?

After further review and advice from others I have discovered that there are two problems.

1.  The order of my inheritance needs to be switched to Extends (%Persistent, %Populate)

 2.  The POPSPEC attribute should actually point to a method name, ie:  POPSPEC="Name()" and not POPSPEC="NAME"   This was a problem with me mis-reading the documentation on POPSPEC.

And yes, there are many ways to accomplish this task from the Cache server side. 

The document data model doesn't really apply here as this is not a new application.

Once 2016.2 is released, we could just map the globals as objects using CacheSQLStorage and then use the .$toJSON() method to export to JSON at that point.

That's one of the great things about the Cache technology, there are so many different options and choices for doing the same thing.

This post is really just about a discussion on what the best way to represent a global structure in JSON, not the specifics of how to accomplish that in code.

 

Stefan-

My use case is that I have a Cache application (not object based) and I want to provide a set of REST services for accessing the raw global structures, all methods.  I want this REST interface to be generic in nature such that it can be used to read, set and kill any global node of any global.  In order to do this, I need an encoding method for sending and receiving the global data.  JSON seems the best way to package the data, thus I was looking for a good JSON structure that could represent the global structure.

 

I agree, Health Information Exchange certainly is the best choice for taking multiple HL7 messages in, potentially from multiple data sources, aggregating those together and then creating a CDA document from them.

However, what about an organization that wants to use Health Connect to take a comprehensive set of HL7 generated for a patient generated from their EMR application, generate a CDA and perhaps push that CDA to a document repository using IHE?

For a single batch of HL7 coming from a single EMR application for a single patient there should be no need for aggregation.

Continuing my testing with Ens.Utils.HTML.Parser, I am trying to parse information contained within paragraphs.

For example:

<p>This is paragraph one</p>

<p>This is paragraph two with some <i>italics</i>.</p>

<p>This is paragraph three</p>

I want to parse the contents of each of these paragraphs, including the italics content contained within paragraph two.

I setup my template to:

+<p>{paragraph}</p>+

This kind of works, except in the case of the second paragraph, it stops when it hits the <i> tag even though if it were to continue it would eventually hit the </p> tag.  So what ends up being parsed is:

This is paragraph one

This is paragraph two with some

This is paragraph three

What I am expecting is:

This is paragraph one

This is paragraph two with some <i>italics</i>

This is paragraph three

Does this seem to be a limitation of the parser?  Is there any way to get what I'm trying to get from this document using the parser?

 

I was able to use this method (Ens.Utils.HTML.Parser) to successfully parse disease information from the CDCs website.  Basically I created a persistent class to store disease names along with the source URLs from the CDC's a-z web pages.

The template looks like this:

<div,class=span16><ul>+<li><a,class=noLinking,href={pageurl}>{pagetitle}</a></li>+</ul>

and the Class method that actually does the parsing of all of the pages:

ClassMethod getDiseasesOrCondition(Output tCount As %Integer) As %Status
{
set tCount=0
set template="<div,class=span16><ul>+<li><a,class=noLinking,href={pageurl}>{pagetitle}</a></li>+</ul>"
for alpha=1:1:26 {
kill tOut
set url="http://www.cdc.gov/DiseasesConditions/az/"_$c(96+alpha)_".html"
do ##class(Ens.Util.HTML.Parser).test(url, template, .tOut)
for i=1:1 {
quit:'$d(tOut("pageurl",i))
if tOut("pageurl",i)?1"http://www.cdc.gov/".e {
set iCDC=##class(iCDC.DiseaseOrCondition).%New()
set iCDC.title=tOut("pagetitle",i)
set iCDC.sourceUrl=tOut("pageurl",i)
set tSC=iCDC.%Save()
set tCount=$i(tCount)
}
}
}
quit $$$OK
}

There was a little checking that was needed to verify that the url that was returned for the source url's were actually pointing to the CDCs website, but other than that, the Ens.Utils.HTML.Parser worked exactly as I had hoped it would.

Very clean and straight forward for my needs.

That must have been where I missed it.   I think I was looking at docs for 2016.1 and didn't see it there 

Definately . $toJSON is the easiest method to get a persistent object to JSON, also more efficient 

SQL method works great too if you don't necessarily want the whole object.