InterSystems has corrected a defect in applications that use Unicode character 223 (ß). This defect can result in incomplete query results, class compilation errors, and removal of custom SQL privileges.
This problem occurs on systems that are running or have previously run on:
- Caché and Ensemble 2018.1.0, 2018.1.1, and 2018.1.2
- HealthShare Health Connect (HSAP) 15.032 on Core versions 2018.1.0, 2018.1.1, and 2018.1.2
- HealthShare Health Connect 2019.1
- InterSystems IRIS data platform – all currently released versions
- InterSystems IRIS for Health – all currently released versions
The defect is triggered by data and component names containing Unicode character 223 (ß). In the versions listed above, an uppercase conversion incorrectly maps that character to Unicode character 7838 (ẞ). Applications perform this uppercase conversion using features such as $ZCONVERT and %SQLUPPER.
Problems can occur when accessing data or classes created or modified on a product with a different uppercase conversion than the one currently in use.