27141 results

• Question: Kerberos authentication support for Atelier

Caché, Development Environment, Atelier Language Undefined Hi! Are there any plans to support Kerberos authentication in Atelier to Caché connection? Thank you. Caché ...

Post by Alexander Koblov 8 February 2016

DC Feedback Language Undefined page My content, does not correct cut previous post, and style from one post goes to next one. Tag <s>- strikethrough, was added only in the first post.   And looks like, this page ignores <!--break-->. My ...

Post by Dmitriy Maslennikov 8 February 2016

• Comment:

Unfortunately not so many information could be found in documentation, yet. But what I know, when ordinary class/classmethod or clientmethod defined in %...

Comment to the post "Introducing new JSON capabilities in Caché 2016.1" by Dmitriy Maslennikov, 3 February 2016

• Comment:

John,

I've asked documentation to look into your first question. Documatic (class documentation) is available for system methods for sure.

Your understanding of the use of the word "namespace" is correct.

Comment to the post "Introducing new JSON capabilities in Caché 2016.1" by Stefan Wittmann, 3 February 2016

• Comment:

Has any information about system methods reached the documentation yet? On my 2016.2 FT (build 585) Documatic shows the methods of %Library.Object in a new section headed "SystemMethods" and summarized in a table titled "System...

Comment to the post "Introducing new JSON capabilities in Caché 2016.1" by John Murray, 3 February 2016

• Question: Atelier and complicated projects

Development Environment, Atelier Language Undefined Most of projects on Caché, obviously, written not only in Cache ObjectScript, and should contain sources in other languages. Such as js or css for web-projects or any others. And it would be pretty good, ...

Post by Dmitriy Maslennikov 8 February 2016

• Comment:

Thank you, Stefan!

Comment to the post "How to convert JSON to %ListOfDataTypes?" by Alexander Koblov, 5 February 2016

• Question: Best practices to store user information/settings in Caché

Caché, Security, Authentication, Users Language Undefined I'm interested in different approaches on how to store user data in Caché. I'm assuming that application uses Caché security/Caché users and not a self-made authentication system. Several ...

Post by Eduard Lebedyuk 7 February 2016

• Comment:

Rich, think about it from this prospective: Caché is inherently multiple processes system, if you need concurrency - you invoke new concurrent JOB (or submit order to the worker queue).

But there is shared memory used by whole...

Comment to the post "Creating separate thread in Cache" by Timur Safin, 3 February 2016

• Comment:

This is a new feature, introduced in Caché 2016.2. I am currently investigating whether this is a current limitation or a bug.

Update: %Object can be mapped back to registered objects, but we are missing  a code path...

Comment to the post "How to convert JSON to %ListOfDataTypes?" by Stefan Wittmann, 5 February 2016