25135 results

• Answer:

Since XMLEnabled class can be not persistent and, therefore, not have an extent at all, there is no such method. If you need to write  XMLExportToFile()  for several classes you can write method generator which generates a method that would: Use current ...

Answer to the post "turn-key export of data for XML-enabled class?" by Eduard Lebedyuk, 18 March 2016

• Comment:

Yes, next release will have these breadcrumbs. More next week.

Comment to the post "Getting back to the group" by Paul Gomez, 18 March 2016

• Comment:

Thanks for catching that John.  We're correcting now.

Comment to the post "Caché and Ensemble 2016.1" by Anonymous, 17 March 2016

• Answer:

Hi John, We fixed an issue this morning. Could you try that again and let me know if that works now?   Thanks, Joyce ...

Answer to the post "Is Atelier's "Check for Updates" broken?" by Joyce Zhang, 18 March 2016

• Comment:

To add one more details to what Tim wrote about how we handle internal applications - we have a partnership with our QD department where at least one during every beta release period they will request a copy of each of our apps and verify...

Comment to the post "Managing source code across Caché and Ensemble version upgrades" by Benjamin Spead, 15 March 2016

• Question: turn-key export of data for XML-enabled class?

Object Data Model, Caché Language Undefined An XML-enabled class has an XMLExport() method that knows how to serialize an instance to XML. To export all instances of a class to a file, I need to instantiate a writer and loop through the extent. Is there ...

Post by Jon Willeke 18 March 2016

• Comment:

Congratulations John

Comment to the post "Developer Community MVP of March and the Winner of GLobal Summit Contest II is ..." by Dmitry Maslennikov, 18 March 2016

• Comment:

Congratulations John. Thumbs up. 

Comment to the post "Developer Community MVP of March and the Winner of GLobal Summit Contest II is ..." by Stefan Wittmann, 18 March 2016

• Answer:

What's the $ZV of your cloud server? When I tested debugging from Atelier 1.0.116 onto a local 2016.2FT Build 605 earlier today it wasn't working for me. So I upgraded the server to the latest build they're publishing (613) and that seems ...

Answer to the post "Atelier Debugging" by John Murray, 18 March 2016

• Comment:

Do $System.Process.Terminate(,exitCode) // works, thank you. It's nice enough for me.

Thanks for prompt responses, Timothy and John!

Comment to the post "How to return the status code of Cache process to OS shell script?" by Alexey Maslov, 18 March 2016