26401 results

• Announcement: New Developer Community release on June 7th with "Tag Summary" and "Compact" views

Release Developer Community Language English On June 7th we'll be releasing two new views of content that will allow you to rapidly see what's new on the site as well as identify content that has gone unanswered. The next step for this (after ...

Post by Paul Gomez 3 June 2016

• Answer:

Few easy questions first:- how much memory did you allocate for your global buffers?- Did you see ^mgstat statistics at the moment your code was busy walking over huge globals?- and did you play with global prefetching in this case? P.S. Let put aside ...

Answer to the post "Read I/O Performance On >50,000 IOPS" by Timur Safin, 3 June 2016

• Comment:

Thanks for the tips! My use case is only to get the string, it doesn't matter printable or not.

I also tested that this works with nested lists, so everything is OK now:

Comment to the post "What is the best way to serialize object/list/array/etc to string?" by Nikita Savchenko, 1 June 2016

• Question: How to detect a character encoding?

Caché Language Undefined Let's say I open a stream/file. If it's not in UTF8 i need to call $ZCVT, and if it's already in UTF8, then I don't need to call $ZCVT. Is there any way to determine character encoding for input stream/file? ...

Post by Eduard Lebedyuk 3 June 2016

• Question: Read I/O Performance On >50,000 IOPS

Caché Field Tests Language Undefined Hello During some consultant activity I did at a client's I have discovered something very interesting. It seems like the current processing cycle as written in ObjectScript has trouble utilizing an SSD-based ...

Post by Isaac Aaron 3 June 2016

• Answer:

To clarify, the Atelier preview will only work with Unicode servers. That is not permanent. Atelier WILL support 8-bit servers in future. ...

Answer to the post "Does Atelier only support Unicode servers?" by Michael Forshaw, 3 June 2016

• Comment:

Now it becomes clear!

I had wondered if your requirement for "string" was that it contained only printable characters. In such a case one solution could be to base64-encode the result of $listbuild. On a Unicode instance of Caché you'd...

Comment to the post "What is the best way to serialize object/list/array/etc to string?" by John Murray, 1 June 2016

• Comment:

Thanks John, the above terminal transcript is not correct showing what I wanted to show. I've fixed this.

Why can't you understand the purpose of this?

I can only transfer strings by some channel (f.e. interprocess communication). Now...

Comment to the post "What is the best way to serialize object/list/array/etc to string?" by Nikita Savchenko, 1 June 2016

• Comment:

[UPD fixed] Got you. Incredible! It seems that this is what I needed:

USER>set string = $lb($C(1),$c(2),$c(3),",",$c(0))
    USER>w $a($LISTGET(a,1))
    USER...

• Comment:

I don't understand what you mean by "until the list values may contain any set of characters".

Nor do I understand the purpose of the second line of your terminal transcript above. None of your subsequent lines do anything with your local...

Comment to the post "What is the best way to serialize object/list/array/etc to string?" by John Murray, 1 June 2016