25858 results

• Comment:

This is a great article!

One minor detail - MyPackage.Installer (or some other class) needs to declare the projection for the installer class to work as advertised.

For example, in MyPackage.Installer itself, you could add:

Comment to the post "Installing Caché Applications Using Class Projections" by Timothy Leavitt, 6 May 2016

• Question: Production Monitor

DC Feedback, Studio, ObjectScript, Management Portal, Monitoring, Ensemble Language Undefined At the Global Summit several folks had mention that they developed their own production monitor. I am looking to create a monitor similar to eGate that we only ...

Post by Scott Roth 9 May 2016

• Answer:

This is pretty clearly a mistake in the definition of the Search custom query.  We will look into the history a bit more and correct it. Since the (custom query) Execute method defines the expected arguments, invocation through a resultset works.  Beyond ...

Answer to the post "%SYS.Journal.File_Search() - how does it accept parameters?" by Ray Fucillo, 9 May 2016

• Article: After publishing a saved draft, the post date should be the date of publishing

DC Feedback Language Undefined Hello developer community developers! Thanks for all of features you create. I encourage the one simple issue again and again when posting articles. Would be happy if it get fixed. When publishing an article draft, the date ...

Post by Nikita Savchenko 9 May 2016

• Comment:

Ah, I found it !
    It's the CSC Proxy that denies access to the pictures. angry

Comment to the post "A National Provider Directory powered by HealthShare HSPD and Amazon Web Services" by Herman Slagman, 28 April 2016

• Comment:

The article still includes pictures for me. Maybe you have to clear your cache?

Comment to the post "A National Provider Directory powered by HealthShare HSPD and Amazon Web Services" by Stefan Wittmann, 28 April 2016

• Comment:

Interesting article, but where have the pictures gone ?

I remember seeing a version which had them, was that another resource ?

Comment to the post "A National Provider Directory powered by HealthShare HSPD and Amazon Web Services" by Herman Slagman, 28 April 2016

• Answer:

Kenneth, what is the use case for this? If you want to move Global data around, there are clearly optimized APIs for this task. If you want to store JSON-like data you should be looking into the Document Data Model that is introduced with Caché 2016.2. ...

Answer to the post "JSON Representation of a global structure" by Stefan Wittmann, 9 May 2016

• Answer:

I would like to add that $zf(-3) and $zf(-4,1) calls can only be used to load what we call a callout library. This is a specific DLL that properly exports functions during linking and  exposes them in a ZFENTRY table. You can find more material about the ...

Answer to the post "Load a dll at run time" by Stefan Wittmann, 9 May 2016

• Comment:

Take a look at the $system.OBJ.Load() and $system.OBJ.LoadDir() methods.  This is the most common way to take source from your source control system and load them into your namespace.  

Comment to the post "Git and Atelier" by Benjamin Spead, 28 April 2016