32759 results

• Reply:

Unless you're asking for maximum performance you could create a method that receives or creates a %SQL.Statement for the %File:FileSet query and detect if "Type" is "D" to call it recursively, passing that statement instance.

Here's a...

Comment to the post "How do I get a list of files in directory including subdirectories?" by Rubens Silva, 24 May 2017

• Reply:

You can use F3 in Eclipse to go to a declaration. This works for many of the use cases for F12 in Studio.

Comment to the post "Refactoring Inherited class structures in Atelier" by Nicole Aaron, 23 May 2017

• Question: DDL for collection properties

Caché, SQL Language Undefined How do I write DDL script for collection properties? For example I want to create the following class: Class SQLUser.Person {Property Name As %String; Property FavoriteColors As list Of %String;} My DDL script looks like this ...

Post by Eduard Lebedyuk 24 May 2017

• Reply:

I would recommend instead of Google Translate use the service Yandex Translate

Comment to the post "Web application with dispatch class (%CSP.REST) also serving static files" by Vitaliy Serdtsev, 11 January 2017

• Question: How do I get a list of files in directory including subdirectories?

Beginner, Caché, Code Snippet Language Undefined I'm aware of two ways to get list of files in a dir: set dir = "C:\temp\" set rs = ##class(%File).FileSetFunc(dir,,, 1) do rs.%Display() and: set dir = "C:\temp\" set file=$ZSEARCH ...

Post by Eduard Lebedyuk 24 May 2017

• Reply:

Thanks Vitaliy - that's really interesting.

It's also fascinating what Google Translate does to Caché ObjectScript!

if  ...

Comment to the post "Web application with dispatch class (%CSP.REST) also serving static files" by Timothy Leavitt, 11 January 2017

• Reply:

Right. But I would never delete and change the name of the properties if you have the data behind them already. I prefer "deprecated" approach of "deleting" unused properties.

I think it is a good candidate for another question. 

Comment to the post "Storage Schema in VCS: to Store Or Not to Store?" by Evgeny Shvarov, 24 May 2017

• Reply:

Yes, sure. If you customized the default storage (which is not very recommended, see @Kyle Baxter's...

Comment to the post "Storage Schema in VCS: to Store Or Not to Store?" by Evgeny Shvarov, 24 May 2017

• Reply:

If one simply gets an older storage def from VCS, how Cache internal migration facility can help? The history of schema changes will be lost. It seems that only some ad hoc global level migration code can help in this case.

So this kind of...

Comment to the post "Storage Schema in VCS: to Store Or Not to Store?" by Alexey Maslov, 24 May 2017

• Reply:

Alexy

Providing the storage schema is exported along with the class definition (it will be, automatically, unless you mess with the default export options) then you will not have a problem reverting to a previous definition.  The scheme...

Comment to the post "Storage Schema in VCS: to Store Or Not to Store?" by George James, 24 May 2017