25184 results

• Comment:

OMG! Looks a little bit over-designed

• Answer:

A very interesting question. I decided to write a singleton, with the idea that it searches process memory for other instances of this class and returns existing OREF if found. It also stores data in global and retrives it from there on a first load: /// ...

• Question: SQL Gateway - ODBC Client Caching the Query/SP CALL to the external Database

SQL, Ensemble Language Undefined Hello,   In my project, I am calling a store proc on third party database. I am using SQL Gateway and ODBC. Everything is working fine until the store proc changed.  In store proc they have changed the return alias name ...

Post by Raghu Kodumuri 19 April 2016

• Answer:

This feature is called (in eclipse terminology) the 'edit strategy'. This is planned work. ...

Answer to the post "Automatic block indent/dedent" by Jamie Newton, 19 April 2016

• Comment:

Sharing with all another example.

Credits to Amir Samary.

Class Sequence.Implementation Extends ...

Comment to the post "SQL Sequence" by Fabio Goncalves, 19 April 2016

• Comment:

Not necessary. It was just a copy and paste. You can use a registered for this and just expose your classmethod as sqlproc.

Comment to the post "SQL Sequence" by Fabio Goncalves, 19 April 2016

• Answer:

Two examples below, one with a name and one without.  It looks like this is supposed to work like a Stored Procedure (according to my understanding of the Postgresql docs).  Having a property that uses the function as its sqlcomputecode is pretty trivial. ...

Answer to the post "SQL Sequence" by Kyle Baxter, 19 April 2016

• Answer:

Not an answer per se, but why do you specify both "extends %Persistent" and "ClassType = persistent"? Is it necessary? ...

Answer to the post "SQL Sequence" by Francis Galiegue, 19 April 2016

• Answer:

You're asking two things: how to persist an object, and how to implement a singleton. A global on its own is not able to save an object. Something needs to map the structure of its class to a global layout of some kind. The simplest way to do this is ...

• Question: SQL Sequence

Databases, SQL, Caché Language Undefined Does Caché support SQL CREATE SEQUENCE as in PostgreSQL? If not, what would be the best alternative? Create my own sequence logic as the example bellow?  Class Util.MySequence Extends %Persistent [ClassType = ...

Post by Fabio Goncalves 19 April 2016