25082 results

• Answer:

Sure. To see deprecated classes for some version execute this query against it: SELECT ID, Description FROM %Dictionary.ClassDefinition WHERE LOWER(Description) ['deprecated' To see deprecated methods execute this query: SELECT parent AS " ...

• Comment:

Glad it's released already.  This is a new feature so do let us know if there are any problems.

Comment to the post "Is there a way to see code behind in Atelier?" by Andrew Cheshire, 17 April 2016

• Comment:

Well, I think a major question is: What do you use to return runtime information to your caller when you implement your own code? Do you return a %Status object, or something similar, or do you throw exceptions and don't return anything.

Comment to the post "Try catch block I usually use in COS" by Stefan Wittmann, 16 April 2016

• Question: Global Summit 2016 - User Group Sessions

HealthShare, Global Summit, Global Summit 2018 Language Undefined I am trying to find the presentation for the User Group Sessions that were given at Global Summit last week. In particular the Healthshare Provider Directory presentation, so I can share ...

Post by Scott Roth 18 April 2016

• Comment:

Most of my methods look like this:

Method MyMethod() As %Status {
      // Initialization - note locking and transactions only when needed
      Set sc = $$$OK
      Lock +^SomeGlobal:5 If '$TEST Quit $$$ERROR($$$GeneralError,"Failed to obtain lock...

Comment to the post "Try catch block I usually use in COS" by Mike Henderson, 16 April 2016

• Comment:

I will leave the logging issue alone as I don't see it as being the main point of the example.  It could also be a thread by itself.

The issue of using a bunch of $$$ISERR or other error condition checks is exactly why I like using throw...

Comment to the post "Try catch block I usually use in COS" by Rich Taylor, 16 April 2016

• Comment:

Thanks - works perfect on v1.0.142

Comment to the post "Is there a way to see code behind in Atelier?" by Mike Henderson, 17 April 2016

• Comment:

OK. But how do you call methods which return %Status?

Do you raise Error? Or you check Error status with if? Or do you ignore status at all?

Comment to the post "Try catch block I usually use in COS" by Evgeny Shvarov, 16 April 2016

• Announcement: IRC channel for Caché developers created!

ObjectScript, Caché Language English Hello, I hereby announce the creation of an IRC channel dedicated to Caché development: * network: FreeNode (connect to server: irc.freenode.net) * channel: ##cos (yes, two hashes). Topic is anything related to Caché ...

Post by Francis Galiegue 18 April 2016

• Comment:

That's why I use this code in my projects
        set stream=##class(...

Comment to the post "Introducing new JSON capabilities in Caché 2016.1" by Dmitry Maslennikov, 3 February 2016