Hi, I have a persistent class “sp.SensorReading” which has a number of Properties: Date, SensorName, SensorReading.   (sometimes multiple readings from the same sensor, on a given day) ... Temp    28 Jan                    33.5 Temp    29 Jan                    31.2 Temp    30 Jan                    33.1 Temp    30 Jan                    34.1 Temp    31 Jan                    32.1 Temp    31 Jan                    33.1 Say I built a cube built to analyse data  from this persistent class.  With a simple date dimension, and SensoRName filter, I can show the default COUNT of _readings_ for a given month/year: Jan-2015             94 Feb-2015             54 Mar-2015             78 …   I have a date dimension with levels for Year, Quarter, MonthYear, and Date. Instead of the default COUNT measure , I want to get the **_last value_** pushed out by a sensor for a given selected period. So let’s say, the last value for temperature, for each date dimension member: This is what I would want to see if selecting on MonthYear: **Jan-2015              33.1** Feb-2015             32.2 Mar-2015             31.8 … My approach is be to define a calculated measure which, returns the reading from the last member of the selected group of readings, using the MDX %LAST function. Something like the following defined in the cube - Calculated Measure: LastReading:
%LAST([SensorDate].Members,Measures.SensorReading)
  However – As in the example for January above, sometimes, I get **_multiple readings_** on the same day for the same sensor, and if that happens to be the last day of the month, the reading are added. **Jan-2015            65.2** Feb-2015             32.2 Mar-2015             31.8 Is it possible to have a pure MDX - based expression to fix this, ie, when %LAST(...Members) actually returns multiple entries ? (ie, Can I achieve what I want without introducing a cube dimension that is resolved based on whether a particular reading is the last reading of the month, at data upload or build – because – the period is not always defined as ‘month’, but could be Year, YearQuarter, or even arbitrary dates. thanks -