Hey Developers!

Advent of Code 2018 is over! Thanks for participating in our small but productive COS marathon!

And now we're pleased to introduce the winners and distribute all the prizes!

Big applause goes to these winners:

Fabian Haupt (w/ repo: github.com/kazamatzuri/AoC)

Bert Sarens (w/ repo: bitbucket.org/bertsarens/aoc2018/)

Dmitry Maslennikov (w/ repo: github.com/daimor/AdventOfCode)

4 0
0 313

Sometimes, we need to copy part of the properties of an object into a different one.
The simplest thing would be to do the following:

Set obj1.FirstName = obj2.FirstName

Set obj1.SecondName = obj2.SecondName

What happens if the object contains a large number of properties? or we just want to extract an important group of data, and complement the information in another object?

Having the following classes:

4 6
0 1.4K

Just got the new beta version of Docker, with depreciation warning of AUFS. It's so bad news when InterSystems does not support used by default storage driver overlay2. Recently I thought to play with Google Kubernetes Engine, and realized that I can't work with InterSystems products there due to incompatibility with Storage Driver. Maybe it's already time to think about support?

4 5
0 726

From the first glance, the task of configuring LDAP authentication in Caché is not hard at all – the manual describes this process in just 6 paragraphs. On the other hand, if the LDAP server uses Microsoft Active Directory, there a few non-evident things that need to be configured on the LDAP server side. Those who don’t do anything like that on a regular basis may get lost in Caché settings. In this article, we will describe the step-by-step process of setting up LDAP authentication and cover the diagnostic methods that can be used if something doesn’t work as expected.

4 3
2 2K

We’re now less than a month away from our annual conference, the InterSystems Global Summit. This year, we’ll be descending on the beautiful outskirts of San Antonio, a city worth visiting for its wonderful river walkway and its 18th century Spanish Mission, even if it hadn’t been the location of this year’s InterSystems event. Leaving the tourist guidance to the tourist guides, let’s take a closer look at what the conference has in stock for you, including a dedicated post-summit symposium on AI and ML on Wednesday October 3!

4 0
0 289

Terminal scripts can be used to run pre-designed commands on the terminal, like a batch file. You can write anything that can be executed on terminal, like for loop, if else and so on, inside Terminal scripts. In this article, I will show you how to call Terminal scripts, how to use parameters in Terminal scripts and how to avoid session disconnected when running Terminal scripts. If you have any information about how to use Terminal scripts or you have any feedback, please feel free to leave a comment.

4 6
2 3.1K
Announcement
· Aug 30, 2018
Machine Learning 101 Presentation

View Machine Learning 101 recording at: https://videos.intersystems.com/detail/video/5827774460001/machine-learning-101?autoStart=true&q=machine%20learning.

In addition to our webinar on machine learning (https://community.intersystems.com/post/rescheduled-webinar-its-machine-learning-not-rocket-science-july-31-1100-am-edt), we are pleased to announce a basic introduction to machine learning presentation that provides an overview of the basic algorithms by @Don Woodlock, InterSystems VP of HealthShare Platforms.

4 6
2 835

InterSystems states that Caché supports at least three data models – relational, object and hierarchical (globals). On can work with data presented in relational model in a program written on C# the same way one works with any other relational DB. To work with data presented by object model in C# one needs to use .NET Managed Provider or some kind or ORM. And starting with version 2012.2 one can work directly with globals (or use direct access to hierarchical data) via Caché eXTreme for .NET.

4 18
2 1.9K

The source class of a DeepSee cube has a property referencing a different class:

Class ClassA Extends %Persistent {
     Property P1 As ClassB;
}

When records in class B change, the ^OBJ.DSTIME global for Class A will not be automatically updated. This means that synchronization of cubes based on source class A will not reflect the changes occurred to property P1.
This post will help you determine the best way to achieve synchronization of properties referencing a different class

4 2
2 425

In this series of articles, I'd like to present and discuss several possible approaches toward software development with InterSystems technologies and GitLab. I will cover such topics as:

• Git 101
  • Git flow (development process)
  • GitLab installation
  • GitLab Workflow
  • Continuous Delivery
  • GitLab installation and configuration
  • GitLab CI/CD
  • Why containers?
  • Containers infrastructure
  • CD using containers
  • CD using ICM
  • Container architecture

In this article, we would talk about building your own container and deploying it.

4 14
3 1.2K

The data model of your solution based on InterSystems platforms constantly changes over time. But what do you do with the data that was entered before? Back then, the data was valid, but what’s happening to it now after a number of data model changes? The answer to this question can be provided by the IDP DV tool that checks the property data of persistent and serial classes according to the types of these properties. In case any discrepancies are found, the tool generates a detailed error report for the user.

4 2
0 536

In this series of articles, I'd like to present and discuss several possible approaches toward software development with InterSystems technologies and GitLab. I will cover such topics as:

• Git 101
  • GitLab installation
  • GitLab Workflow
  • Continuous Delivery
  • GitLab CI/CD
  • Why containers?
  • Containers infrastructure
  • GitLab CI/CD using containers

In the first article, we covered Git basics, why a high-level understanding of Git concepts is important for modern software development, and how Git can be used to develop software.

In the second article, we covered GitLab Workflow - a complete software life cycle process and Continuous Delivery.

In the third article, we covered GitLab installation and configuration and connecting your environments to GitLab

In the fourth article, we wrote a CD configuration.

In the fifth article, we talked about containers and how (and why) they can be used.

In this article let's discuss main components you'll need to run a continuous delivery pipeline with containers and how they all work together.

4 0
2 3.4K

Good afternoon everyone,

I hope you are well,

I am currently working on the below opportunity and if anyone here would like to hear more details please feel free to contact me on 01908 886 030 or teo.rusu@identifiglobal.com

Met with the client yesterday, beautiful office in Waterloo London, latest tech available with many benefits including working from home 2 days/w as well!

Intersystems Caché Senior Software Engineer

London

4 0
1 491

Hi All,

Who, in the age of digital transformation, doesn't want to reap more benefits out of any process, procedure, and resource we have? At InterSystems Solution Developers Conference (part of InterSystems Global Summit 2018) we will have sessions on how to improve the way applications are built with modern tools like Docker containers, Gitlab, Circle CI, Travis, etc., how continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes can help us deliver more value quickly to the end-user, and how we can start thinking about modernizing traditional applications.

4 0
1 402

• Git 101
  • GitLab installation
  • GitLab Workflow
  • Continuous Delivery
  • GitLab CI/CD
  • Why containers?
  • GitLab CI/CD using containers

In the first article, we covered Git basics, why a high-level understanding of Git concepts is important for modern software development, and how Git can be used to develop software.

In the second article, we covered GitLab Workflow - a complete software life cycle process and Continuous Delivery.

In the third article, we covered GitLab installation and configuration and connecting your environments to GitLab

In the fourth article, we wrote a CD configuration.

In this article, let's talk about containers and how (and why) they can be used.

4 0
1 1.2K

Introduction

Any election is a highly mysterious process, and when you look at its results, the overall picture is not quite clear. I decided to put them, region by region, on the map of Moscow using InterSystems technologies that offer both storage and data analysis functionality. In this particular case, I used InterSystems Ensemble, a platform for application development and integration, but you can also build this solution using the multi-model InterSystems Caché DBMS, as well as InterSystems’ new product called IRIS Data Platform.

3 0
0 703

Often InterSystems technology architect team is asked about recommended storage arrays or storage technologies. To provide this information to a wider audience as reference, a new series is started to provide some of the results we have encountered with various storage technologies. As a general recommendation, all-flash storage is highly recommended with all InterSystems products to provide the lowest latency and predictable IOPS capabilities.

The first in the series was the most recently tested Netapp AFF A300 storage array. This is middle-tier type storage array with several higher models above it. This specific A300 model is capable of supporting a minimal configuration of only a few drives to hundreds of drives per HA pair, and also capable of being clustered with multiple controller pairs for tens of PB's of disk capacity and hundreds of thousands of IOPS or higher.

3 0
0 3.2K