I followed the First Look instructions and tried to run a Docker container with the below command:

> docker run --name iris --detach --publish 52773:52773 --volume /Users/docker:/external --env ICM_SENTINEL_DIR=/external iris:latest --key /external/iris.key --before "/usr/irissys/dev/Cloud/ICM/changePassword.sh /external/password.txt"

It returned with a container ID and an error message:

0 4
0 1.5K

I am working with a client to try and export a set of tasks defined in the Task Manager from one system to another. I am not seeing any API for this. I can query this information in SQL. So I tried to use the Data Export Wizard from the System Management portal in the SQL window. Export was fine. Importing failed with a "can't insert into read only field" error. Looking at the class definition does not help since the implementation details are not visible.

So how would one accomplish this? Export scheduled tasks from one system to another?

0 25
0 1.5K

With the release of InterSystems IRIS, we're also making available a nifty bit of software that allows you to get the best out of your InterSystems IRIS cluster when working with Apache Spark for data processing, machine learning and other data-heavy fun. Let's take a closer look at how we're making your life as a Data Scientist easier, as you're probably already facing tough big data challenges already, just from the influx of job offers in your inbox!

2 2
0 1.5K

I am trying to fetch the data from cache database. But i got the error like "CSP application closed the connection before sending a responce".

Below is the query.

SELECT
CallbackComment
FROM SQ.CBPhoneResult_View Where PhoneDateODBC = '2018-04-09'

I have investigated and found that "CallbackComment" contains the special character single quotes " ' " for one result and due to this i got this error.

In this field data is enter by customer. so we cannot restrict them like Do Not use single quotes.

0 30
0 1.5K

I have a process which is passed a .rtf within a GlobalBinaryStream. I am trying to then output just the .rtf to a folder on a server, but not even sure where to start.

Is there a Built in Operation that I can pass the GlobalBinaryStream to which will then write the file to a folder, or do I need to use a custom class for the operation?

Thanks

0 2
1 1.4K

Sometimes, we need to copy part of the properties of an object into a different one.
The simplest thing would be to do the following:

Set obj1.FirstName = obj2.FirstName

Set obj1.SecondName = obj2.SecondName

What happens if the object contains a large number of properties? or we just want to extract an important group of data, and complement the information in another object?

Having the following classes:

4 6
0 1.4K

Index to Articles

Published 2018-05-11 Last edit -

Hi All

I this article I detail some strategic issues that a new development UI will need to address - these are the ones that I can think of now - others may come to light during this journey.

See the webinar by Eduard Lebedyuk here from the last Global Summit describing modern web development and Caché

And, as always, if I have missed something please comment....

13 13
2 1.4K

I am setting up a new Caché instance and I have managed to configure it where Caché username/password is required to initiate the Caché session:

csdfalsdkfjf@fra23e234sco:/opt/labmed/test/test81/proc$ csession cache1

Node: frxxco, Instance: CACHE1

Username:

I cannot find the setting in the management console that allows for unauthenticated login to a Caché session. Any help is much appreciated.

0 4
0 1.4K

Hello Everyone,

I have a healthshare web application with production, I try to make a field in basic setting of business service, and I would like to set a string to DISPLAYLIST and VALUELIST of that Property (string maked by query to sql table). I code the same here but it's syntax incorrect in DISPLAYLIST = GetTypeDisplay(), VALUELIST = GetTypeValue(). Someone know a best way to solved my problem? Thanks so much!

0 8
0 1.4K

Has anyone called any outside Javascript code from inside their class files? I asked a long time ago if there was a way to manipulate an image within Cache Object Script, and since Cache doesn't have any image libraries its not really possible. However I have found Javascript to resize an image and wonder how hard it would be to mesh the two together.

Can anyone share any examples?

Thanks

Scott

2 9
1 1.4K
Question
· Feb 21, 2018
HL7 segment query using SQL

I'm trying to get a count of specific message type with a specific entry and thought I could build the query in Message Viewer but this does not provide counts (as far as I am aware). So when I take the SQL from 'Show Query' it omits the segment criteria as the code shows below.

I have attached the criteria that has been excluded. Is this possible?

Thank you

0 2
0 1.4K

We have noticed in the course of the last 18 days our CACHE.dat has grown by 20 GB. Is there a way we can break down the data in CACHE.dat to see what could be growing in size?

Let me state it another way.....Is there a way to see what space an Operation/Service/Process is taking up within a certain Production?

Thanks

Scott Roth

The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center

0 3
0 1.4K

We are trying to make an ODBC connection via our intersystems ensemble (2016.2 running on ubuntu). However, when I am testing the connection I receive a pop-up that: "Http object response incomplete or invalid.0,#R". Note that the iodbctrace.log remains empty (and it is working because on the first try it registered a 459 error that I should activate kerberos, which I did). Any advise where I should look?

I have taken the following actions:

1. Expand the cacheodbc.ini in the mgr directory as follows:

0 2
0 1.4K

Hey Developers!

Good news! Just in time for the holidays, Gartner Peer Insights is offering customers a $25 digital Visa Gift Card for an approved review of InterSystems IRIS or Caché this month!

We decided to support and double the stakes. So! In December '18 you can get the second $25 digital Visa Gift Card for Gartner review on Caché or InterSystems IRIS on InterSystems Global Masters Advocacy Hub!

See the rules below.

0 5
0 1.3K
Question
· Apr 6, 2018
sql insert from cache

I am tasked with using CACHE to insert data retrieved from a CACHE data base and insert it into an sql database. The columns in the sql table that I am trying to insert data into have names that contain underscores such as "ACCESSION_DATE" I found a utility in CACHE to connect to the sql data base and perform inserts. I have the data I need to insert. I need to pass the data into the sql utility referencing the column names.

I tried using indirection to set the data into underscored variables, but that isn't allowed in cache object script.

0 8
0 1.3K

In this post, I am going to detail how to set up a mirror using SSL, including generating the certificates and keys via the Public Key Infrastructure built in to InterSystems IRIS Data Platform. I did a similar post in the past for Caché, so feel free to check that out here if you are not running InterSystems IRIS. Much like the original, the goal of this is to take you from new installations to a working mirror with SSL, including a primary, backup, and DR async member, along with a mirrored database. I will not go into security recommendations or restricting access to the files. This is meant to just simply get a mirror up and running. Example screenshots are taken on a 2018.1.1 version of IRIS, so yours may look slightly different.

8 3
4 1.3K
Question
· Jun 5, 2018
Ternary Operators

Hello community, simple question. I've been able to use a ternary operator equivalent by using $select for inline if statements using this pattern:

set x = 1

set result = $select(x = 1: "true", x = 0: "false")

These can be nested and can have a lot of options. But I'm curious if there is a native way of using ternary operators in ObjectScript?

Thank you

0 1
0 1.3K
Question
· Sep 25, 2018
Wireshark with ensemble

Hi,

We see a lot of TCPIP connection error for few of the components not sure if it is a network glitch at the source/target or is it with us. And most of the times these errors are very transient and vanish on their own and the connection gets re established and the messages get processed. Here is the error we mostly see

ERROR <Ens>ErrTCPTerminatedReadTimeoutExpired: TCP Read timeout (30) expired waiting for terminator SegTerminatorAscii=13, on |TCP|50007|10620, data received =''

or

1 2
1 1.3K

This is probably a very naive question but :
Is it possible to create a Windows executable file from a Cache MUMPS (COS) routine, such that the routine can be run directly from Windows ?
If so, could some kind soul direct me to a source of information that describes the process.
I am using the free Intersystems Cache installation (CachePCkit V2017.1) on Windows 10 for my own use & personal development.

Thanks

0 13
0 1.3K