Announcements

The Atelier 1.2 stable release update site (https://atelier.artifactoryonline.com/atelier/updates/stable/1.2/) has been updated to 1.2.119. This build contains all of the new features and enhancements the 1.2.118 beta build has as well as a number of bug fixes. Additionally, we have documented a list of the top time-saving keyboard shortcuts to help you become more productive. Give Atelier 1.2 a try and let us know what you think! Some of the key highlights include:

Last comment 11 July 2018
+ 7   0 8

views

+ 7

rating

Hi, I am trying to execute a store procedure within an ensemble operation to connect to aMsSQL database and I am having problem to pass the input arguments... I have tried several things but only one seems to work and it is not the ideal solution.

Last answer 9 February 2018 Last comment 9 February 2018
0   0 1

views

rating

I'm experimenting with sending large amounts of data in a POST payload to be stored as a stream. However I've noticed that no matter how many characters are in the message, Cache only gets about 32k of them, cutting off the rest. Conversely as expected it can only send about 32k worth of characters in a payload.

Before I get creative, is there a REST message size limit that can be changed? Or is there something else going on here?

Thank you!

Last answer 20 February 2018 Last comment 20 February 2018
0   0 2

views

rating

Hi Guys,

I'm upgrading Cache 2008 to 2014, and for two clients so far all good, but with this third one and while trying to mount the main database that includes the data, I'm getting error #36 "database is not mountable"!?

but cache instances the old 2008 and the new 2014 at installed the same way (8 bit) and Cache.dat is (archive) NOT read only so I don't know what could be the problem?

Thanks

Last answer 18 May 2018 Last comment 23 May 2018
0   0 4

views

rating

Has anyone called any outside Javascript code from inside their class files? I asked a long time ago if there was a way to manipulate an image within Cache Object Script, and since Cache doesn't have any image libraries its not really possible. However I have found Javascript to resize an image and wonder how hard it would be to mesh the two together.

Can anyone share any examples?

Thanks

Scott

Last answer 22 December 2018 Last comment 4 January 2019
+ 2   1 3

views

+ 2

rating

When selecte the menu Navigate/ open atelier class routine it shows all available classes.

Duplciate classes are shown multiple times without a package structure (see example below). 

Is there a way to visualize the package structure in the “open atelier class routine”?

Best Regards 

Roger de Coninck.

Last answer 20 February 2018 Last comment 22 February 2018
0   0 3

views

rating

I would like to examine the contents of my OBX-5 field and not route the message if it contains alphabetic characters. I've tried various combinations of the Match and Contains functions, with no luck. Should I be using the COS ? operator or plaini regular expressions?

e.g.

OBX-5 Contains "\D"

OBX-5 Contains "?.A"

OBX-5 Contains "[A-Z]"

Last answer 10 July 2018 Last comment 10 July 2018
0   0 3

views

rating

Good day,

Is there a way to change the theme in management portal? or at least the color of the header.

Issue is, some users have access to Development and Testing and Production environments. I would like a way to color-differentiate the environments to reduce the errors. 

Last answer 1 August 2019 Last comment 1 August 2019
0   0 4

views

rating

Hi,

I need to read a UTF8 encoded text file and translate the content to 8-bit.

Using %File class and $ZCVT(TXT,"I","UTF8") works , but I see that if the content is larger than max string  (32000) and we cut the content

To max string chunks, we can get a <translate> error if we cut it in the "wrong" point..

Is there a better way to do this task?

My code looks like this:

Last answer 16 April 2018 Last comment 16 April 2018
0   0 2

views

rating

Hi, would really appreciate your advice on how I can restart the mirror-monitor. I've followed the instructions and restarted the mirror monitor, and still the status seems to be down. Can you point me to some resource or steps that I can follow ?

I logged into %SYS terminal and restarted the mirror monitor and it says that it is running

Last answer 24 December 2018 Last comment 30 December 2018
0   0 4

views

rating

InterSystems supports use of the InterSystems IRIS Docker images it provides on Linux only. Rather than executing containers as native processes, as on Linux platforms, Docker for Windows creates a Linux VM running under Hyper-V, the Windows virtualizer, to host containers. These additional layers add complexity that prevents InterSystems from supporting Docker for Windows at this time.

+ 10   2 10

views

+ 10

rating

InterSystems is pleased to announce availability of a field test version of Caché and Ensemble 2018.1

These kits can be downloaded from the Field Test portal page.

There are hundreds of bug fixes, and several new features, including:

• Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Integration
  • Support for Microsoft Integrated Windows Authentication for HTTP Connections
  • SSH Enhancements

All platforms are available, except Oracle Solaris 10, 11 for x86-64.  

Last comment 2 August 2018
+ 7   0 6

views

+ 7

rating

We are trying to script a High Availability Shutdown/Start script in case we need to fail over to one of our other servers we can be back up within mins. Is there a way to configure the startup procedure to Automatically Stop/Start the JDBC server when shutting down or starting up cache? is there an auto setting we can change?

Thanks

Scott Roth

The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center

Last answer 15 November 2018 Last comment 18 November 2018
0   0 4

views

rating

Is there a responsive way to detect a source code change without using a source control hook?

Update

I have my own custom unit test tool which has lots of extra functions that I find useful such as Asserting HL7 Transformers and REST targets.

I have a studio hook that will send an event signal to my test runner that will automatically re-run a specific test class or test suite, for which I have a test runner viewing page that updates with the results.

Last answer 16 November 2018 Last comment 16 November 2018
+ 1   0 5

views

+ 1

rating

We have the need to write a function that can loop through say a field in an OBX segment within HL7 and compare it to a string passed. Is it possible to have the user enter the Operator ( >,<,=,<>) as a variable inside Cache object script? Does anyone have any examples they can share?

Thanks

Scott Roth

The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center

Last answer 17 September 2018 Last comment 14 September 2018
0   0 5

views

rating

Well my last post got cut off for some reason. I am trying the new beta and wondering about the following functionality from Studio that I don't find in Atelier:

F12 = Open the routine and jump to the tag of the current call the cursor is on in a routine

F2 / <Ctrl> F2 = jumping to a bookmark / toggling a bookmark

<Ctrl> G = Jump to a tag in the code

When might these things be in Atelier? I use them a lot in Studio and the absence of these really slows me down.

Last answer 31 January 2018 Last comment 31 January 2018
0   0 3

views

rating

I created the Process to extract the required data from ADT message to a Dynamic Object. I wanted to send the JSON stream to EnsLib.File.PassthroughOperation operation and generate a file with the content of JSON stream.

Here are the codes for Process:

Last answer 12 December 2018 Last comment 9 January 2019
+ 1   0 3

views

+ 1

rating

Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum to ask this type of question, but I'm running out of ideas.

For reasons beyond my control, we run a version of Intersystems Caché (2013.1) that is not supported by Atelier. As such, I use Caché Studio to do my development.
The issue I have is, I don't run Windows or MAC, but Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 in my case). I've successfully managed to get Studio working using Wine and pretty much everything is usable. 

Last answer 4 June 2018 Last comment 26 July 2019
0   0 4

views

rating

Astronomers’ tools

5 years ago, on December 19, 2013, the ESA launched an orbital telescope called Gaia. Learn more about the Gaia mission on the official website of the European Space Agency or in the article by Vitaly Egorov (Billion pixels for a billion stars).

However, few people know what technology the agency chose for storing and processing the data collected by Gaia. Two years before the launch, in 2011, the developers were considering a number of candidates (see “Astrostatistics and Data Mining” by Luis Manuel Sarro, Laurent Eyer, William O’Mullane, Joris De Ridder, pp. 111-112):

Comparing the technologies side-by-side produced the following results (source):

TechnologyTime
DB213min55s
PostgreSQL 814min50s
PostgreSQL 96min50s
Hadoop3min37s
Cassandra3min37s
Caché2min25s

The first four will probably sound familiar even to schoolchildren. But what is Caché XEP?

Last comment 9 January 2019
+ 8   1 3

views

+ 8

rating

Hi, Community!

Someday you find yourself having a wonderful class package which can be helpful in several projects. So it is a library package.

How to make the classes available for different namespaces in Caché? There are two ways (at least two ways familiar to me):

1. Start the name of the package with %, like %FantasticLib.SuperClass. Wrong way.

If you do that the class would be placed in %SYS and would be available in other namespaces.

This is wrong because of the two reasons:

Last comment 8 January 2018
+ 1   0 3

views

+ 1

rating