Announcements

When using the JSON_OBJECT() function in Caché SQL on a %String property that contains JSON syntax, it converts the %String into a JSON object instead of escaping it as a string literal. How can I prevent this? (without ridiculous hacks like "add a space to the beginning of the value" as we don't always know which properties will contain these values and I certainly don't want to have to check for nulls and add/remove a space every single place this value is used in the application)

I don't want these strings automatically marshalled into JSON objects.

For example:

Last answer 20 November 2018 Last comment 28 November 2018
0   0 3

views

rating

Is there a way to pull a user name and password from the Credentials list that is kept in Ensemble? Right now I have a LDAP user that I have hard coded into my ZAUTHENTICATE, which I would like to get away from. I am not to familiar with settings Global, or calling them at least.

Thanks

Scott

Last answer 24 February 2018 Last comment 1 March 2018
+ 1   0 5

views

+ 1

rating

I've mapped multiple tables (UNION on mapped SQL classes) into a view, using CREATE VIEW.

Through ODBC, in Entity Framework, I am querying against that view and offering paging. The paging is implemented using IQueryable.Skip and IQueryable.Take. 

Skip seems to have unexpected results, I believe due to incorrect SQL generated by the Entity Framework provider, though perhaps I've done something incorrectly. The generated SQL looks similar to this (with some bits replaced or altered for security reasons), the basic structure is unaltered.

Last comment 16 January 2019
0   0 2

views

rating

There are some classes in our code base that contain Methods only (no properties). I told my colleagues that converting them into the ClassMethods should improve performance as it would eliminate unnecessary OREF support at run-time. Some of them replied that it would be microseconds, so what is the reason to bother.

Is it possible to estimate the impact of OREF support of method calls at run-time? E.g., as a % of all CPU load. 

Last answer 1 October 2018 Last comment 2 October 2018
0   0 4

views

rating

I  have generated a class using the linked procedure wizard however  I can't get it to work if the  datatype  of one of the parameters is VARCHAR(MAX).  It works fine if I change it to say VARCHAR(500) and  rerun the  stored procedure wizard. 

I get the following  error returned.:

ErrorMsg:   SQLState: (07002) NativeError: [0] Message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]COUNT field incorrect or syntax error

Last answer 10 May 2018 Last comment 1 June 2018
0   0 4

views

rating

I just downloaded and installed the latest WebTerminal into my local copy of Healthshare 2016.2.1

I installed via studio and everything compiled without error.

However when I run it I just see a black screen. The help window at the bottom of the screen pops open when I type '/' but I just can't get any response.

Any suggestions as to how to trouble shoot this?

Mike

Last answer 15 October 2018 Last comment 19 October 2018
0   0 3

views

rating

Hi, Community!

We are pleased to invite you to the InterSystems UK Developers Community Meetup on 25th of June!

The UK Developers Community Meetup is an informal meeting of developers, engineers, and devops to discuss successes, best practices and share experience with InterSystems Data Platforms! 

See and discuss the agenda below.

Last comment 28 June 2018
+ 2   0 4

views

+ 2

rating

I have a service that takes a file and pass it through to the production .While I am passing the file through I get the file stream and set it to a variable within my message and the variable is of type %Ens.StreamContainer. But after all processing and I need to write out my file to a pdf format The file gets written but is a corrupt file since I can not read it I have tried this with asimple pass through everything is fine .But here I do not know what I am doing wrong here is the operation code

Last answer 22 June 2018 Last comment 29 June 2018
0   0 4

views

rating

Hi

Has anyone managed to get a dark theme (Like Darcula or Obsidian) working on the Atelier plugin. The Eclipse themes apply to everything in the IDE except the editor window, so it kind of defeats the purpose. I've tried searching for one but so far no luck. I know you can set each colour individually in the settings but I'd like a single config I can load if possible.

Thanks

Last answer 28 February 2018 Last comment 28 February 2019
+ 1   0 7

views

+ 1

rating

Hi Guys,

Can you please advise on the below queries. 

Query 1:

Example 1:

S a="345",b="arun",c="kumar",d="hi",e="yello",f="orange"

Example 2:

S a="345"

S b="arun"

S c="kumar"

S d="hi"

S e="yello"

S f="orange"

Can you please advise me, which one is performance wise is better. 

Query 2:

Example 1:

S:a=1 R="Arun"

Example 2:

I a=2 R="Arun"

Please advise me, which one is giving better performance in this. 

Last answer 1 March 2018 Last comment 3 March 2018
0   0 6

views

rating

My questions are regarding ClassMethods with a private keyword tags.

When we use a wizard to add a new method, we are given a options to
select private checkbox to make it a private method as well as 
Class Method checkbox in the same time. 

1. What would be the reason and the case to select and use them both?   
2. Secondly, if there is such a case in already developed application is it
safe to remove the private tag from ClassMethod? Obviously if it's not a 
ClassMethod private tag cannot be removed as easily.

Thank you,

Last answer 11 January 2018 Last comment 12 January 2018
0   0 3

views

rating

The Atelier 1.3 stable release update site (https://atelier.artifactoryonline.com/atelier/updates/stable/1.3/) has been updated to 1.3.139 just in time for the holidays!

Most notably, take advantage of enhancements to compiling with InterSystems IRIS. You can find more information about the additions in the release notes here.

Last comment 15 February 2019
+ 3   1 6

views

+ 3

rating

Hi,

I'm trying to find the faster way to get the data from a class, and I find it very slow compared to traditional globals. So, I hope some of you can bring some light to me :-)

I have thousands of registers in a class, and to access it quickly I'm going with $o at the index. From there, I get the values using $listget(). Something like that:

Last answer 7 August 2018 Last comment 9 August 2018
0   0 6

views

rating

Would like to know if there is an alternative or better way to paginate through a dataset using dynamic SQL than what I am using below. The problem is that as the potential pool of data gets larger, this code slows down to the point of not being useable. In analyzing each line of code below, it appears the slow down is related to the initial rset.%Next() iteration. Is there anything available which does not require a subquery/%VID such as a simple LIMIT/OFFSET?

My code is similar to :

s sql=##class(%SQL.Statement).%New()

Last answer 18 July 2018 Last comment 26 July 2018
+ 1   0 1

views

+ 1

rating

Hi

Is it possible to include the ≥ or ≤ in a ZEN select component?  i.e. 

<select id="condition" label="Condition" valueList="&lt;,&gt;,=,≤,≥" displayList="&lt;,&gt;,=,≤,≥"/>

I have tried &ge; and &le; but these also do not work.  If I inspect the options in the browser and edit with these characters they display correctly but just not when loaded in the zen page.

Cheers

Iain

Last answer 23 January 2018 Last comment 23 January 2018
0   0 3

views

rating