Currently, we are utilizing batch jobs at the OS level to kick off routines that watch for files. We are trying to convert these processes to be performed by the Task Manager.

The routines have while loops and perform while loops so long as the time parameters are being met.

What's the best way to ensure Task Manager kicks them off after the completion of the shutdown/backup/start process is performed, which we do nightly? I want to ensure that it starts it regardless of the time that we've set.

0 13
0 927
Question
· Mar 20, 2017
AWS API calls

This question is about calling AWS REST APIs. Based on:

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/sigv4_signing.html

AWS requires REST clients to call their APIs using Signature Version 4 which in case you don't know what I am talking about is a pain in the neck. Here comes the question:

Has anybody, by any chance implemented the v4 signing alg. in COS? If yes, would she or he have the kind heart to share?

Thanks,

Chris

0 13
1 1.2K
Question
· Jun 2, 2017
Decoding Base64 PDF File

Hello, I am writing some cache code that will pick up a PDF file, Base64 encode the contents and then send on to a third party system within a Long String (via their API). I have been testing this and discovered that the PDFs do not open within the supplier system (I get an error saying that it hasn't been decoded correctly). I wanted to prove that the issue does not lie with the way that I have Base64 encoded it within Ensemble, and therefore as a test wanted to Encode the PDF stream, then decode the stream and write out to a new file.

0 13
0 5.7K

Hi-

I have Atelier client installed on a Mac and every now and then it just stops working. Currently I am getting this error when I try to synchronize my workspace with the server.

Synchronization failed: [server is broken] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Provider org.glassfish.jersey.internal.RuntimeDelegateImpl could not be instantiated: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No generator was provided and there is no default generator registered

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems and if so, what is the work around?

0 13
0 675

Hello All,

I am looking to send out an email based on a patient's discharge where PID13-4 contains their email. We are currently using something similar with an Email.OutboundAdapter. However, in our current scenario we have a hard coded email in place as the recipient (as this is for order notification to a pager). In the scenario in question, I would need PID13-4 to populate as the recipient of the email. Does anyone have an example of something similar, or a suggestion on where to start?

Thanks!

0 12
1 472

I am using studio 2015 version which does not have dynamic objects and I need to read xml and convert that to a json I have managed to come close to json string but with little difficulties .I need to be able to identify the root element and specify where to put braces between objects anyone with any idea is welcome he is my code so far

1 12
0 1.4K
Question
· Dec 13, 2017
SQL or Cache Function?

Hi -

I'm creating a custom report in Health Insight via SQL and one of the requirements says that I must include patients who are >= 13 years old (which is easy) but I also need to include patients who WILL be 13 years old as of December 31st of current year that the report is ran in.

I see that there is an Age column and an AgeInMonths column in HSAA.Patient. and of course a DOB column. I'm wondering if it is possible to do this purely using SQL (and SQL functions) or if I will have to incorporate a COS function to achieve this requirement.

Any suggestions?

0 12
0 1.3K

Hi-

I am running the latest version of Cache and am trying to use the Config.* classes in the %SYS namespace to be able to gather information from a cache.cpf file that was provided to me by a customer. The customer is running an older version of Cache which had a different Version number in the cpf file. Theirs is 2013.1 and mine is 2015.1.

My question is, are the Config.* classes backwards compatible. Can I use a 2017.1 version of Cache to read information from cpf file from a 2014 system?

0 12
0 273
Question
· Jul 17, 2017
Connecting to a web service

Hi,

I am new to coding web services and trying to connect to an API that returns its format in xml or json.

I have a class as follows.. when I run I get back a 6059 in my status - Unable to open TCP/IP socket to server

Can someone help me identify what I am missing? Thanks

0 12
0 2.8K

Developing a Full-Stack JavaScript web app with Caché requires you to bring together the right building blocks. In the previous part, we created a basic front-end React application. In the second part of this article series I will show how to choose the right back-end technology for your application. You will see Caché allows you to use many different approaches to link your front-end to your Caché server, depending on your application's needs. In this part we will set up a back-end with Node.js/QEWD and CSP/REST. In the next part we will enhance our basic web app and connect it to Caché using these technologies.

5 12
0 3K

My boss would like to change the Ensemble logo that one sees in the mangement portal, because it's part of the DeepSee Anaylzer.

I can see where it lives on the generated html.

I kow that you can set the logo for the User POrtal settings in DeepSee -- you can specifiy a URL for your logo. But we'd like to go one stee further and change the Ensemble by InterSystems to our own logo / company name.

Is it possible to change this in the code? Is there a Configuration setting to change this?

Thanks,

Laura

0 11
0 491

So, one day you're working away at WidgetsDirect, the leading supplier of widget and widget accessories, when your boss asks you to develop the new customer facing portal to allow the client base to access the next generation of Widgets..... and he wants you to use Angular 1.x to read into the department's Caché server.

There's only one problem: You've never used Angular, and don't know how to make it talk to Caché.

This guide is going to walk through the process of setting up a full Angular stack which communicates with a Caché backend using JSON over REST.

19 11
5 6.6K

Hi guys,

How do you deal with underscore characters when using jsonProvider and exporting or importing ?

for example:

USER>s jsonString="{""what"":""1"",""up"":""2"",""test_test"":""3""}"

USER>set status = ##class(%ZEN.Auxiliary.jsonProvider).%ConvertJSONToObject(jsonString,,.outputObj)

USER>w outputObj.what
USER>w outputObj.up
USER>w outputObj.test_test

W outputObj.test_test
^
<UNDEFINED> *test

we found out that we can access it like this, but not sure if it's the recommended method-

0 11
0 509

Hi,

I create a WebService in Machine One, with some process, i tested this webservice with SOAPUI, worked.

After that i create a simple Business Operation, SOAP Adapter, based on WebClient created with SOAP Wizzard, the problem with that is on response var, i have empty var on my operation, somebody have some Ideas ?

0 11
0 628

Hi

I've got a Service that get ACK Messages originated by another system.

I want to get the details of a Message when the ACK is CE (Failed Message).

I don't know whether this is the best approach but, at the moment, I have a DTL and I would like to search the Cache Database for a Message with the Control ID on the ACK in the MSA segment.

Any help with this would be great.

Tks.

0 11
0 674

Hi, Community!

For those developers who are attending Global Summit 2017 this year: you have an opportunity to share your solutions, framework, and experience with the rest GS attendees and Developer Community.

On Monday 11th we would have Developer Community Sessions in Tech Exchange Open House (see the agenda).

6 11
0 625
Question
· Mar 24, 2017
Convert to JSON string

here is my $ZV string "Cache for Windows (x86-64) 2016.2.1 (Build 803) Wed Oct 26 2016 12:43:35 EDT"

two questions

1. How do i convert any Persistent object to JSON String ?

2. How do i convert an y Register object to JSON string ?

3. Do i need to extend from any adaptor class for 1 & 2 ?

0 11
0 4.7K

Hi I've created a word macro in order to convert doc to txt via the command line, this works fine via the command line by myself or another user but when I try as an the intersystems user which runs under LocalSystem it doesn't work.

So can I change the user, or set the $ZF to run as a different user?

Or do I have to try another way to convert doc to txt - it's looking like libreOffice?

I just wanted to stick with word because I could be guaranteed on the result being accurate.

Thanks

Regards

Richard

0 11
0 1.1K

Last week, we announced the InterSystems IRIS Data Platform, our new and comprehensive platform for all your data endeavours, whether transactional, analytics or both. We've included many of the features our customers know and loved from Caché and Ensemble, but in this article we'll shed a little more light on one of the new capabilities of the platform: SQL Sharding, a powerful new feature in our scalability story.

13 11
1 1.5K

Hi ,

I'm using standard business service not(Customized business service). I'm not able to process the Hl7 data file which contains CRLF characters.It shows warning "Discarding Received non HL7 data". Actually it discards some segment after CRLF character. Is there any settings to overcome this problem?

Also i tried UTF-8, Ascii,Unicode.. characterset . But it won't work. Please help me .

Urgent!!!

0 11
0 1.5K

Hello all.

I think the forum experience is great as whole, but it could improve even more if we had somewhere to share our ideas. So that's why I'm creating a thread dedicated for that purpose. Maybe this way someone from InterSystems could catch something good?

8 11
0 403