I'm working on a proposal for a deployment tool development project and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with such a thing.

We use Healthshare and implementations for new clients are tedius and lengthy. Lots of ensemble service, registry value, lookup tables, namespaces and other things have to be created and configured.

I would like to create a Zen or CSP page based deployment tool that can do all this with a few parameters and some custom code.

1 15
0 884
Article
· Apr 20, 2016 1m read
Feedback on Product Documentation?

We are in the process of putting a new UI on the existing product documentation, including a mobile-optimized view. We also plan on releasing additional "solution based" documentation that is targeted at common usage scenarios or important configuration tasks.

We are interested in your feedback on our current product documentation - what you like and dislike and especially what changes you would expect to see to make it as useful as possible.

3 15
0 835
Question
· May 18, 2016
Ensemble HTTP OnProcessInput

I am just trying to make a quick hand off HTTP production. I have the class built and compiled onto the server and the production is running as a service. When the production is called (by an inbound job) I can see that the HTTP.InboundAdapter is being used successfully and the stack continues all the up to ProcessInput where OnProcessInput is called in Ens.BusinessService.

0 15
0 1.4K

Greetings! This article describes yet another simple way of creating installers for the solutions based on InterSystems Caché. The topic covers applications, which can be installed or completely removed from Caché with one action only. If you are still documenting installation instructions that have more than one step to do to install your application — it’s high time you automated this process.

5 14
0 1.6K

ISCAgent is automatically installed with Cache, runs as a service and can be configured to
start with the system. This is fine – but the complication comes when this is on VCS clusters with
Mirroring on. When installing a Single Instance of Cache in a Cluster, point number 2. Says “Create
a link from /usr/local/etc/cachesys to the shared disk. This forces the Caché registry and all
supporting files to be stored on the shared disk resource you have configured as part of the
service group.”

0 14
0 1.5K

Working on implementation FHIR to my project, I found interesting project HAPI-FHIR, which could help me to quickly launch my FHIR api server with InterSystems Caché as a storage, because this projects uses Hibernate to connect to database, as an example they use DerbyDB. I tried to change settings to use InterSystems Caché, but unfortunately it does not work and throw some errors inside HIbernate. As I found in Caché documentation, I have not some many options, I just have to set Cache dialect, and set database url.

2 13
0 1.6K

Starting with 2017.1, InterSystems is adding Ubuntu (64-bit) as a third linux server platform. Prior to 2017.1 Ubuntu was already available as a development platform and customers could use InterSystems distributions build for SUSE to run on Ubuntu. As a result there are a few license key implications for 64-bit linux versions starting with Caché and Ensemble 2017.1:

a) Customers using RedHat will observe no changes

b) Customers using InterSystems products(1) for SUSE on SUSE will need new license keys (no charge)

9 13
0 1.2K

How to identify a patient of an encounter?

Doing the following query in Edge we are able to list the records of all patients.

I want select all records of a particular patient.

SELECT top 10 * FROM HS_SDA3_Streamlet.Encounter

1 13
0 746

Your application is deployed and everything is running fine. Great, hi-five! Then out of the blue the phone starts to ring off the hook – it’s users complaining that the application is sometimes ‘slow’. But what does that mean? Sometimes? What tools do you have and what statistics should you be looking at to find and resolve this slowness? Is your system infrastructure up to the task of the user load? What infrastructure design questions should you have asked before you went into production? How can you capacity plan for new hardware with confidence and without over-spec'ing? How can you stop the phone ringing? How could you have stopped it ringing in the first place?

23 13
5 4.4K

NewBie's Corner Session 28 Various Methods to Traverse a Global

Welcome to NewBie's Corner, a weekly or biweekly post covering basic Caché Material.

Judging from the number of responses to Session 27 Traversing A Global, developers are passionate about their methods. I am not here to judge the merit of the various methods.

Over the next few pages I will demonstrate a number of methods to Traverse a Global. If you don't already have a favorite they may help you pick one.

2 13
0 594

This tells me that there is no timezone offset on this table/field:

Select TOP 1 GETDATE() as Now, TimeCreated FROM ens.messageheader ORDER BY TimeCreated DESC;
Now TimeCreated
------------------- -------------------
2016-10-18 16:16:49 2016-10-18 16:16:31
0 13
0 790

I cannot connect to Cache from node.js

I have installed in Windows 10 the following: CACHE 2016, node.js v 4.4.7 and express .

- where can I get cache.node? The link in the Intersystmes documentation http://globalsdb.org/downloads/ doesn't work. I found cache0100.node and cache0120.node in my Cache instance's \bin directory. But I am not sure if I can use them or not.

- how to install cache.node ? Where do I place it exactly?

Can anyone recommend any tutorial or code example with installation instructions?

1 12
1 3.4K

++ Update: August 1, 2018

The use of the InterSystems Virtual IP (VIP) address built-in to Caché database mirroring has certain limitations. In particular, it can only be used when mirror members reside the same network subnet. When multiple data centers are used, network subnets are not often “stretched” beyond the physical data center due to added network complexity (more detailed discussion here). For similar reasons, Virtual IP is often not usable when the database is hosted in the cloud.

Network traffic management appliances such as load balancers (physical or virtual) can be used to achieve the same level of transparency, presenting a single address to the client applications or devices. The network traffic manager automatically redirects clients to the current mirror primary’s real IP address. The automation is intended to meet the needs of both HA failover and DR promotion following a disaster.

14 12
4 5.9K

Hello,

I am still a beginner with COS and am struggling with these concepts. While digging through the official documentation will eventually tell you everything you need to know, getting started is nevertheless not an easy feat...

Is it possible to create a "lists/array/multidimensional 101" page for beginners? And, for instance, its interaction with $data, what it means to use "as list of something" or "as array of something", how to walk lists, how to add/remove elements, how to extract sublists etc?

1 12
0 524

If I have defined a class query in one of my classes and I want to use that query from a method of another class, what are the pros and cons of using the %SQL.Statement interface versus the %Library.ResultSet interface?

I believe %SQL.Statement is the newer interface.

So if the old way is:

USER>s rs=##class(%Library.ResultSet).%New("%Library.File:FileSet")

USER>s sc=rs.Execute("c:\s\","*.txt")

USER>w sc
USER>while rs.%Next() {w !,rs.Data("Name")}

then the new way is:

2 12
0 1.6K

I want to override the Get and Set methods of a class property. The class maps to a pre-existing global. The property is defined like so:

Property Invalid As %Library.Boolean;

with the property mapping to a node like ^GLOBAL(Code,"INVALID")=1
Code is a property in the same class.

The value can be 0 or 1 or the node might not exist. When it doesn't exist I want the value of the SQL field to come out as 0 (false).

2 12
0 1.6K

Introduction

The field test of Caché 2016.2 has been available for quite some time and I would like to focus on one of the substantial features that is new in this version: the document data model. This model is a natural addition to the multiple ways we support for handling data including Objects, Tables and Multidimensional arrays. It makes the platform more flexible and suitable for even more use cases.

13 12
0 2.6K

Created by Daniel Kutac, Sales Engineer, InterSystems

Warning: if you get confused by URLs used: the original series used screens from machine called dk-gs2016. The new screenshots are taken from a different machine. You can safely treat url WIN-U9J96QBJSAG as if it was dk-gs2016.

Part 2. Authorization server, OpenID Connect server

9 12
3 5.1K