Announcements

Hi,

I have a business service that needs to run only once a day at an specific time. It is important that the service only runs once.

I have tried the scheduler but you can only define the times (start-stop) when the service will be running...so this will not work for me as I need this to run only once.

Looking at the documentation I found "tasks". Apparently this is exactly what I need. As per documentation:

Last answer 21 February 2018 Last comment 10 days ago
0   0 5

views

rating

Easily transform a CSV file into a personalized preview of DeepSee - InterSystems BI

AnalyzeThis can be found on InterSystems Open Exchange. Use the Download link to navigate to GitHub and begin installing the project. Follow the “Installation” section of the GitHub README.

Last comment 20 November 2019
+ 11   4 5

views

+ 11

rating

Hello!

Checking to see if anyone has experience with deploying their Docker containers on a platform like OpenShift (or vanilla Kubernetes)?

If you have, do you have any guidance or lessons-learned?  Is this even something feasible with a HealthShare/Ensemble instance?

Last answer 7 September 2018 Last comment 17 November 2019
0   0 3

views

rating

Hi,

The Ensemble SQL Inbound Adapter executes a user defined query, and calls the OnProcessInput method of the Business Service with information about an individual row of the executed query.

If the query provided by the user (and executed by the adapter), returned multiple rows, then, OnProcessInput is called multiple times, once for each row.

Within the OnProcessInput method, however, is there a way to know that the row that is currently being processed is actually the last row of the query.

Thanks

Steve

Last answer 6 June 2018 Last comment 15 November 2019
0   0 5

views

rating

I have a database which needs to be synced to another system and considering to use the SQL Inbound adapter to 'watch' the database. The other system, however, has a bulk API so I'd prefer to send multiple SQL rows in a single message to that system. The SQL Inbound adapter seems to trigger a single call (to a process or business operation) per SQL-row.

Last answer 8 January 2018 Last comment 14 November 2019
0   0 2

views

rating

Hello.

I want to grant access only to the Message Viewer page to an specific user, in all Namespaces. I have created a rol with this privileges:

%Ens_MessageContent
%Ens_MessageHeader
%Ens_MessageTrace
%Ens_Portal

But if I want to see the list of messages, I have to grant SELECT access to the Ens.MessageHeader and Ens.MessageBody tables of each Namespace.

Is there anyway to grant access to this tables in all Namespaces at a time, even if new ones are created?

Thank you in advance.

Last comment 12 November 2019
0   0 0

answers

views

rating

InterSystems supports use of the InterSystems IRIS Docker images it provides on Linux only. Rather than executing containers as native processes, as on Linux platforms, Docker for Windows creates a Linux VM running under Hyper-V, the Windows virtualizer, to host containers. These additional layers add complexity that prevents InterSystems from supporting Docker for Windows at this time.

Last comment 4 November 2019
+ 10   2 12

views

+ 10

rating

Hi Community!

Coding guidelines discussion. Consider you have For with one command in the cycle. Here are the options:

One

For i=1:1:1000 set ^Test(i)=""

Two

For i=1:1:1000 {
 set ^Test(i)=""
}

Same for the "If":

if a set b=a

or

if a {
 set b=a
}

Your choice? Or maybe even other options? 

Last comment 23 October 2019
+ 2   1 17

views

+ 2

rating

Hi,

I am sending a request message to Business Process which has one property as Dynamic Object type. So i get the JSON in my REST service and convert that as a dynamic object and set that in the request message and calling the business process from the business service. But the request is not getting sent to the Business Process. Is it possible to send dynamic object input to the business process.

Last answer 15 May 2018 Last comment 16 October 2019
0   0 3

views

rating

Index to Articles

Published 2018-05-11 Last edit -

Hi All

I this article I detail some strategic issues that a new development UI will need to address - these are the ones that I can think of now - others may come to light during this journey.

See the webinar by Eduard Lebedyuk here from the last Global Summit describing  modern web development and Caché

And, as always, if I have missed something please comment....

Last comment 9 October 2019
+ 13   2 6

views

+ 13

rating

HI,

I am a newbie so excuse my basic questions.

I have installed Caché on Mac Os High Sierra 10.13.6 and have started the ObjectScript tutorial but I cannot open Terminal in Caché.

The instructions provided on the tutorial don't appear to be for Mac OS as there is no cube icon:

Last answer 21 September 2018 Last comment 3 October 2019
0   0 5

views

rating

Hi Community!

As you know we launched the InterSystems Open Exchange — the marketplace for solutions and tools on InterSystems Data Platforms!

But how to publish your application on OE?

Before we start, let me answer the few basic questions.

Last comment 2 October 2019
+ 4   2 3

views

+ 4

rating

GraphQL is a standard for declaring data structures and methods of data access that serves as a middleware layer between the client and the server. If you’ve never heard about GraphQL, here is a couple of useful online resources: here, here and here.

In this article, I will tell you how you can use GraphQL in your projects based on InterSystems technologies.

Last comment 1 October 2019
+ 14   9 6

views

+ 14

rating

InterSystems states that Caché supports at least three data models – relational, object and hierarchical (globals). On can work with data presented in relational model in a program written on C# the same way one works with any other relational DB. To work with data presented by object model in C# one needs to use .NET Managed Provider or some kind or ORM. And starting with version 2012.2 one can work directly with globals (or use direct access to hierarchical data) via Caché eXTreme for .NET

Last comment 20 September 2019
+ 4   2 6

views

+ 4

rating

I have several BPL's that act like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) where they are transferring data. When I do this they are all being written under 1 session id, is it possible to make the BPL create multiple session ID's as it is cycling through a Snapshot, so it is easier to read in the trace?

Thanks

Scott Roth

Last answer 9 March 2018 Last comment 9 March 2018
0   0 3

views

rating

After enabling archiving log functions, Oracle can get real-time change data through CDC.

Can Cache database realize such functions?

My requirement is to take incremental data from the cache database regularly every day and synchronize it to other relational databases.

Incremental data can be text files.

Last answer 20 September 2018
+ 3   0 6

views

+ 3

rating

I am still working on a generic task where I need to apply journal file records to another database. Initially I didn't want to use Journal.Restore class methods as I need to perform some data transformation, and it seemed that the clearest way to achieve it was to read journal file record by record using %SYS.Journal.Record API. 

Last answer 16 June 2018 Last comment 28 August 2019
+ 3   0 3

views

+ 3

rating

HI,

I have been using evaluation version of Cache 2017.2, it was working fine and I was using Cache studio, SMP  & Cache Terminal/console till yesterday.

Today, cache was in shutdown status, then I restarted.  But, Cache terminal is not working and showing as Access Denied while otherthings like studio and SMP is working as expected. I checked all security level services on SMP, all are fine and enabled.

Can anyone help me to diagnose the problem and make it working.

Thanks.

Last answer 26 August 2019 Last comment 1 November 2018
0   0 6

views

rating

(Originally posted by @Benjamin Spead on June 25, 2014)

This code snippet generates a list of Ensemble Lookup Tables and Schema documents in the user's current namespace. Run the code by running the class method "test":

Class benspead.EnsTablesSchema
{
    classmethod test() {
        If ##class(%Dictionary.CompiledClass).%ExistsId("Ens.Util.LookupTableDocument") {
            // only supported in Ensemble 2012.1+
            Write !,!,"Exporting Ensemble Lookup Tables..."
            Set sc = $$$OK
            Set rs = ##class(%ResultSet).%New("Ens.Util.LookupTableDocument:List")
            Do rs.Execute()
            While rs.Next() {
                Set item=rs.Data("name")
                Write "document found: "_ item,!
            }
            Do rs.Close()
            Set rs=""
        }
        If ##class(%Dictionary.CompiledClass).%ExistsId("EnsLib.HL7.SchemaDocument") {
            Write !,!,"Exporting Ensemble HL7 Schemas..."
            Set sc = $$$OK
            Set rs = ##class(%ResultSet).%New("EnsLib.HL7.SchemaDocument:List")
            Do rs.Execute()
            While rs.Next() {
                Set item=rs.Data("name")
                Continue:$listfind($lb("2.1.HL7","2.2.HL7","2.3.HL7","2.4.HL7","2.5.HL7","2.6.HL7","2.7.HL7","2.3.1.HL7","2.5.1.HL7","2.7.1.HL7","ITK.HL7")
                                    ,item)
                Write "document found: "_ item,!
            }
            Do rs.Close()
            Set rs=""
        }
    }
}

Here's a link to the code on GitHub: https://github.com/intersystems-community/code-snippets/blob/master/src/...

Last comment 23 August 2019
0   0 3

views

rating

Good day,

Is there a way to change the theme in management portal? or at least the color of the header.

Issue is, some users have access to Development and Testing and Production environments. I would like a way to color-differentiate the environments to reduce the errors. 

Last answer 1 August 2019 Last comment 1 August 2019
0   0 4

views

rating