Having developed systems using Caché ObjectScript and Ensemble on various projects over the last 4 - 5 years I'm considering trying for some certifications. I've found details of the Caché Systems Administrator and Caché Application Developer certifications but have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a certification for Ensemble Application Developer?

2) Are any sample questions and/or practice exams available?

Thanks

3 2
0 1.6K

Database systems have very specific backup requirements that in enterprise deployments require forethought and planning. For database systems, the operational goal of a backup solution is to create a copy of the data in a state that is equivalent to when application is shut down gracefully. Application consistent backups meet these requirements and Caché provides a set of APIs that facilitate the integration with external solutions to achieve this level of backup consistency.

1 7
2 2.6K

In the previous article, I have demonstrated a simple way to record data changes. At this time I have changed the "Audit Abstract Class" which is responsible for recording audit data and the data structure where the audit log will be recorded.

I have changed the data structure to a parent and child structure where there will be two tables to record the "transaction" and the "fields its values" changed on that transaction.

Take a look at the new data model:

6 4
1 929

APM normally focuses on the activity of the application but gathering information about system usage gives you important background information that helps understand and manage the performance of your application so I am including the IRIS History Monitor in this series.

In this article I will briefly describe how you start the IRIS or Caché History Monitor to build a record of the system level activity to go with the application activity and performance information you gather. I will also give examples of SQL to access the information.

6 3
2 1.6K

getting "The value of the property 'cspHttpServerMethod' is null or undefined, not a Function object" error while executing the csp page. All the server side methods stop working at this time although javascript functions still work but until the point where a server side method is getting called. Any clues why we get such error.

1 3
0 803
Article
· Feb 13, 2017 14m read
Creating custom SNMP OIDs

This post is dedicated to the task of monitoring a Caché instance using SNMP. Some users of Caché are probably doing it already in some way or another. Monitoring via SNMP has been supported by the standard Caché package for a long time now, but not all the necessary parameters are available “out of the box”. For example, it would be nice to monitor the number of CSP sessions, get detailed information about the use of the license, particular KPI’s of the system being used and such. After reading this article, you will know how to add your parameters to Caché monitoring using SNMP.

11 14
2 11K

The Management Portal allows you to Export one or more globals to a file that you can then Import into that or another namespace. However, the Management Portal can only be used to export entire globals. For exporting selected nodes or subtrees within a global, a different utility is necessary. This utility is the Export() classmethod in the %Library.Global class, which can export an entire global but also has the ability to export selected nodes or subtrees.

9 1
1 2.1K

The DeclarativeCOS project is a heartfelt cry about programming in the COS language.

The purpose of the project is to draw attention of the public to improving the inner core of COS.

The idea of the project is the support of a laconic syntax for cycles and collections.

So what is this laconic something that I have come up with? Welcome to the examples below!

Examples

The key concept underlying the project is the declarative approach to writing code. You need to specify WHAT should be used and HOW.

7 31
0 1.7K

EDIT: This article has been updated with up-to-date information about the Port project, which now includes a tutorial for basic usage.

The Port project is something that I've introduced more than two years ago but I hadn't enough room to elaborate a tutorial on how to use it till now.

First, the motivation:

5 5
2 641
Article
· Jul 18, 2017 2m read
Old/New Dynamic SQL Cheat Sheet

The newer dynamic SQL classes (%SQL.Statement and %StatementResult) perform better than %ResultSet, but I did not adopt them for some time because I had learned how to use %ResultSet. Finally, I made a cheat sheet, which I find useful when writing new code or rewriting old code. I thought other people might find it useful.

First, here is a somewhat more verbose adaptation of my cheat sheet:

8 35
4 2.2K
Article
· May 31, 2017 28m read
Cogs Library

Cogs Library

Over the next few months I will be releasing a number of open source libraries and tools to the Caché community.

Most of the code has evolved from previous production grade solutions over the years and I am collating it together under a single overarching library package that I am calling Cogs.

17 38
4 1.4K

Greetings,

Can someone please show me via coding example(s) how to write an input prompt that will read in a function key, F7 for example, validate that the key pressed is F7 and then process it all via cache.

0 7
0 413

Below is a simple alert processor based on the EnsLib.HTTP.OutboundAdapter to send text alerts via an SMS Gateway service. Typically, all that is needed to send an HTTP Post to the gateway service is the destination phone number, a source phone number, credentials, and the URL.

The code below is based on the Anveo gateway whose interface is as follows:

5 5
1 1.8K

In the previous parts (1, 2) we talked about globals as trees. In this article, we will look at them as sparse arrays.

A sparse array - is a type of array where most values assume an identical value.

In practice, you will often see sparse arrays so huge that there is no point in occupying memory with identical elements. Therefore, it makes sense to organize sparse arrays in such a way that memory is not wasted on storing duplicate values.

In some programming languages, sparse arrays are part of the language - for example, in J, MATLAB. In other languages, there are special libraries that let you use them. For C++, those would be Eigen and the like.

Globals are good candidates for implementing sparse arrays for the following reasons:

8 3
1 1.3K

I am looking for a solution with Ensemble to talk to a old NTLM based SOAP Service. Does anyone has done this before?

We have the webservice calls working via SOAPUI but we are looking how we can make it work with Ensemble.

Is there a ready to use Outbound Adapter for NTLM ?

Thx.

0 5
0 659

The InterSystems DBMS has a built-in technology for working with non-structured data called iKnow and a full-text search technology called iFind. We decided to take a dive into both and make something useful. As the result, we have DocSearch — a web application for searching in InterSystems documentation using iKnow and iFind.

8 18
0 1.4K

Good afternoon - I am in the process of writing a AngularJS front-end for some CoS functions that my integration team uses for auditing, analyzing and various other purposes. I have re-tooled the functions to return JSON results that AngularJS can then interpret and display. Many kudos to the AngularJS series on this site for giving me a jump start.

0 6
0 643

I like to know if COS has a PGP library for encryption and decryption messages received from an SFTP connection. We have interfaces that we used BouncyCastle in C# but would like a native library for COS.

0 6
0 945

I have an imported WSDL from SalesForce and I am trying to send a login-request to the SalesForce-servers via InterSystems. The login requires a username and a password in the body, and an organizationId in the header. I am having trouble filling the organizationId in the header.

Via SoapUI I can send a successfull message to the SalesForce-servers. The message should look like this:

0 4
0 2.9K