Hi, I want to create a service which on start will simply go through a list of values in a global and compare dates. If criteria is met, it will send an email.

But what kind of Adapter do I use? I see SQL, FILE, HTTP etc..etc.. But I dont want to use them

Please can you advice on how I should go about this?

Should I create a BS. Class and do onAdapterTASK() and simply build a method? Even then it is asking the kind of adapter I want

Would appreciate some guidance on this

Regards,

Eric

0 8
0 366
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,763 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Has anyone worked out a way to use LDAP to define the default namespace on multiple servers? I know that documentation says that intersystems-Namespace-xxx only supports one namespace, but how is this useful? Any workaround to say have intersystems-Namespace-server1-namespaceA and intersystems-Namespace-server2-namespaceB? Is it best practice to use the same "namespace" on every server?

Thanks!

0 1
0 243

Here I’ll walk you through the process of creating a simple Node/Express API and connect it to a InterSystems IRIS instance.

I won't go into much detail about how to work with any of the technologies I will mention in this tutorial but I will leave links, in case you want to learn more.

The objective here is to give you a practical guide on how to set up and connect a node.js back-end API to IRIS.

Before we get our hands dirty, make sure you have Node.js running on your machine. So I'll check:

5 3
7 862

Hello guys,

I want to be able to export a range of messages from my production (from within a specific date interval), but while digging into intersystems documentation, it isn't giving me any details on how to perform this task.

It teases me saying "Ensemble provides a Message Viewer page for HL7. You can use this page to display, transform, and export HL7 messages (either external files or messages from the Ensemble message archives).", but then there are no signs of further information.

0 2
0 1.2K

Hi Developers!

New video from Global Summit 2018 is available now on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Unit Test Coverage in InterSystems ObjectScript

https://www.youtube.com/embed/nUSeGHwN5pc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 473

I downloaded and installed the trial version of Caché.
it is installed in c:\intersystems\Trycache
I changed the system environment settings so that
GLOBALS_PATH = c:\intersystems\Trycache
and PATH includes c:\intersystems\Trycache\bin
Caché works, and I can login, use the globals, etc...

0 1
0 313

I have an Ens.StreamContainer which holds XML that was received, and I need to validate that against an XSD schema. The schema is very simple, only looking at the root element and maybe a couple other items to ensure the XML is what we expect before continuing the data flow.

0 1
0 589
Question
· Nov 1, 2018
Pattern Match with Cache

I'm trying to interpret a ObjectScript pattern and I am stumped on the first part. I understand everything else but not sure what 1.A means. I know A stands for Alpha characters just not sure what the 1. means

0 3
0 505

I can directly order over a MultiDimensional property, e.g.

set key=$order(obj.prop(key))

However I have a generic method that has to use the $property method, if I know the keys then I can just fetch a value with...

set value=$property(obj,"prop","key")

But if I don't know the keys then I am not aware of a solution to do this, e.g.

set key=$order($property(obj,"prop",key))

will not work.

0 6
0 441
Question
· Oct 30, 2018
MSSQL Data Warehouse

Hello,

I have been trying to pull data through a linked server in SSMS from an InterSystems Cache Database for a while, this is to enable us to join the data to other source systems in our Data Warehouse.

I have set up an ODBC connection and a linked server to the database and can execute queries through OPENQUERY in Management studio, but the data is huge (> 100million rows). So when I execute a SQL query with a WHERE clause the query just spins.

0 2
0 785

I am currently using InterSystems for patients data management related to intake treatment planning and delivery of dose.

should I create a new attribute to track Patient ID or using an existing attribute within Audit log ? what are the good practices guidelines?

If I use Event Data field to record Patient_ID is it possible out of the box to search entries for a specific Patient_ID ?

0 3
0 373

I'm trying to execute a nodejs process to perform some work on a string from Cache/Mumps over to nodejs, then return the result from nodejs as a string back to the code in Cache and I was looking at the `$ZF` logic - it will let me output the results to a file (i.e. temp.txt) but I dont see a way to just get the output set back to an M variable like (and I know this is not the correct syntax, but just for example)

S myOutput=$ZF(-100, "echo something") ;; wrong syntax but just for example

W myOutput ;; want to write out "something" but of course this doenst work

0 4
0 922
Question
· Oct 30, 2018
ID vs %ID in tables

What is the difference between %ID and ID in a database table? Both seem to reference the same column labelled ID.

For context, I am trying to create a viewer class for an existing persistent class.

Let us call the persistent class A, with SqlTableName = OldA.

The viewer class will be B with SqlTableName = A and ViewQuery = {select %ID, <other fields> from <some other class with the same fields as A>}

0 1
0 1.1K

Hi,

I was understanding the cluster configuration supported by the Cache. Have couple of queries around that:

1. In Cache version 2018.2, there is a shrading concept which splits the data of a Master Data server into multiple small data server which store shraded data.

1 3
0 332
Announcement
· Oct 29, 2018
InterSystems Prague Meetup # 1

We had our first meetup of the Prague Meetup for InterSystems Data Platform last Thursday!

As it was our first such venue, the attendance was not large, but we believe it was a good start. Those who attended could learn about new features that InterSystems IRIS brings to our partners and customers as well as listen to a presentation discussing what it takes to migrate from Caché or Ensemble to InterSystems IRIS and eventually containerizing their applications.

2 2
0 263

Continuing on with providing some examples of various storage technologies and their performance profiles, this time we looked at the growing trend of leveraging internal commodity-based server storage, specifically the new HPE Cloudline 3150 Gen10 AMD processor-based single socket servers with two 3.2TB Samsung PM1725a NVMe drives.

4 2
0 1.3K

(Originally posted on Intersystems CODE by @Eduard Lebedyuk, 10/12/15) The following code snippet outputs all filenames in the file path "dir" in the Cache/IRIS terminal. The class method "test" runs the code:

Class eduardlebedyuk.filenamesInDir Extends %RegisteredObject
{
	classmethod test() {
		// replace dir with file path you want
		set dir = "D:\directory" 
		set dir = ##class(%File).NormalizeDirectory(dir)
		set file=$ZSEARCH(dir_"*")
		while file'="" {
			write !,file
			set file=$ZSEARCH("")
		}
	}
}

1 3
2 1.7K

HealShare 2017

Hi dev community,

I am currently working on an interface that needs to communicate to a SOAP/ITK endpoint.

I am using the EnsLib.ITK.AdapterKit.Operation.SOAPOperation to interface with an ITK
service, but it is proving to be more complex than originally expected to set up the web client
against that particular end-point since I haven't been provided with a WSDL from ITK service side as
the vendor state they are following the ITK standard and no WSDLs are needed.

0 1
0 300