InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,724 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· May 17, 2017
Soap Wizard

HI,

Please let us know the solution to the below error:

ERROR:#5388 - You do not have write permission on the database class .
%SOAP.WebClient is in , so class lock cannot be obtained .

Thanks,
Shobha

0 8
0 870

Hi All

I'm looking for some field experiences, lessons learned, or actual deployed solutions to the problem of replicating non-CACHE.DAT data in a mirrored Cache environment.

Environment:

• Operating System is IBM AIX
  • Hardware is IBM Power w/ virtualised storage
  • Cache 2017.1
  • 2x Production mirror members
  • 1x DR mirror member
0 1
0 420
Article
· May 22, 2017 1m read
WebSockets v REST?

Most frameworks support either REST or WebSockets, and don't make it easy to switch between the two, and/or support both styles of application at the same time. WebSockets offer many advantages over REST, eg:

- most benchmarks show WebSocket messaging to be significantly faster than over HTTP

1 1
0 454

hi

I want to online backup one Caché database by windows bat, I find some article from the online documentation about terminal script and the ^DBACK tool and External Entry Points for ^DBACK, so I can invoke the External Entry Points for ^DBACK from terminal script like this: send: Do BACKUP^DBACK<CR>

Is there other better way for backup database from bat/script?

Thanks

0 2
0 639
Article
· May 20, 2017 10m read
Localization in Caché DBMS

This is a translation of the following article. Thanks @Evgeny Shvarov for the help in translation.

Let's assume that you wrote a program that shows "Hello World!", for example:

write "Hello, World!"

The program works and everyone is happy.

With time, however, your program becomes more complex, gets more features and you eventually need to show the same string in different languages. Moreover you don't know the number and names of these languages.

The spoiler below contains a description of how the task of multi-language localization is solved in Caché.

8 1
1 977

Hi everyone,

This is:

Cache for UNIX (Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86-64) 2016.2 (Build 736U) Fri Sep 30 2016 12:25:56 EDT

The server is on RedHat Linux while the browser is running on Windows (Firefox).

I am helping a partner build a complex modern HTML5 web application that talks with Caché using REST calls. They have been using %CSP.REST very successfully. Security works great as well.

1 11
0 9.3K
Question
· Apr 24, 2017
Connect PRTG to Cache

I am trying to set up a sensor in PRTG to connect to Cache, specifically the ens_util.log, so that I can have a live feed of my error count. I am having trouble getting the sensor to log in to Cache. Has anyone had any luck getting PRTG to connect on the database level? Thanks!

0 2
0 512

Hi,

Is there a way you can limit the amount of physical memory Cache uses?

During Cache backup it appears that all the available memory on the server is being used.

We are running Ensemble 2016.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2 with 32GB of RAM.

The database we are backing up is about 300GB.

Thanks,

Graham

0 3
0 521
Question
· May 17, 2017
CSP highlighting in Atelier

I recently installed Eclipse and Atelier and was able to connect to my dev environment and source control. However, when I open a CSP file everything inside <script> tags shows up green as if it's a comment.

I looked through all the preferences but wasn't able to fix this. Has anyone else run into this and/or know a solution?

Thanks,

Orion

1 2
0 279

Hi,

I am trying to support a use case where a test instance is created from a production backup. At a high level, the process works by mounting all relevant file systems and then bringing the instance up. This works well as long as the file systems are mounted using same mount points as the source instance. However, I would like to support a case where file systems are mounted using different paths.

0 1
0 332
Question
· May 17, 2017
Soap Messaging

HI ,

Please let us know the solution to the below error which appeared during SOAP Wizard.

ERROR #5805: ID key not unique for extent '%Dictionary.ClassDefinition' : '^oddDEF("GuruBaseAllah.BLZServiceSOAP11porthttp")' exists. Id counter location = ''

Thanks,

Shobha

0 1
0 294