As a developer, you have probably spent at least some time writing repetetive code. You may have even found yourself wishing you could generate the code programmatically. If this sounds familiar, this article is for you!

We'll start with an example. Note: the following examples use the %DynamicObject interface, which requires Caché 2016.2 or later. If you are unfamiliar with this class, check out the documentation here: Using JSON in Caché. It's really cool!

20 2
3 3K
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,523 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Jun 4, 2018
Cache Studio 2017.2

Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum to ask this type of question, but I'm running out of ideas.

For reasons beyond my control, we run a version of Intersystems Caché (2013.1) that is not supported by Atelier. As such, I use Caché Studio to do my development.
The issue I have is, I don't run Windows or MAC, but Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 in my case). I've successfully managed to get Studio working using Wine and pretty much everything is usable.

0 8
0 1.9K

Hi,

I'm trying to send a file to other system using "Enslib.FTP.PassthroughOperation" and use below settings for connection and retry,

Connection Settings
StayConnected : -1
ConnectTimeout : 30

Additional Settings
RetryInterval : 15
FailureTimeout : 240

0 3
0 651

Hi Everyone!

You're very welcome to watch the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube, recorded by @Evgeny Shvarov in the new format called "Coding Talks":

GitHub Flow with InterSystems IRIS: Edit with VSCode, Test with Docker, Commit, Push, Pull Request

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1x0hC_MlRfg
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 454

Greetings,

Can someone please show me via coding example(s) how to write an input prompt that will read in a function key, F7 for example, validate that the key pressed is F7 and then process it all via cache.

0 7
0 413

Hello,

as you can see in title my problem is with file ccontrol. I want to install whole Ensemble with Manifest if on machine wouldn't be any, or if I somehow find out instance of Ensemble I want to only use settings from included Manifest. I read that I can use file ccontrol to solve this task.

So can someone said me, how to work with ccontrol, is there some variable or function which returns me somethig? I have read some parts of documentation about ccontrol, but nothing help me so much, so you can give me link to part in documentation, where is this desribed.

0 19
0 598
Question
· Jul 18, 2019
Recruitment?

Hi, I am new to the forum (not new to Mumps, M, DTM, MSM, M-Technology, Cache etc.) and I work as an Operations Director for a Cache software house, is there somewhere I/we can advertise for Cache developer related jobs/vacancies that we have? Apologies if this is not the right approach, but don't see anything obvious and when searching for jobs just see Intersystems announcements for various positions.

0 7
0 716

Greetings,

We need to communicate with a vendor through web services in a way that those web services pull the queued messages from Ensemble instead of Ensemble pushing messages to a web service.

Is this possible? if yes, will we loose the messages sessions, status, and tracking information?

Your help is much appreciated.

-Basem

0 4
0 222

Hi,

I have a program that displays the current running processes to the screen. I need to have a program execute that display program and capture the results to a file. The display program does pause at the bottom of each page waiting for an 'enter' to go to the next page.

Note( the display program will not successfully compile on the current system but it does work)

Also - very, very new to Mumps.

Thanks,

Bob

0 23
0 438

Hi Community!

New video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Leverage Your Users for UI Design

https://www.youtube.com/embed/e5aLOHRNWKU
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 269

Hello!

This article is a small overview of a tool that helps to understand classes and their structure inside the InterSystems products: from IRIS to Caché, Ensemble, HealthShare.

In short, it visualizes a class or an entire package, shows the relations between classes and provides all the possible information to developers and team leads without making them go to Studio and examine the code there.

If you are learning InterSystems products, reviewing projects a lot or just interested in something new in InterSystems Technology solutions — you are more than welcome to read the overview of ObjectScript Class Explorer!

21 35
3 5.5K

Hello community,

I am trying to parse the below HttpResponse in Cache. Cannot get the Iterator to work. Is there a single loop which can parse both or single messages and grab the error?

{
error:[
{ txt1:'error msg1'},

{ txt2:'error msg2'},
]
}

{
error: {
txt1:[
'error msg1',

'error msg2'
]
}

Thanks,

Jimmy Christian

0 16
0 2.1K

I need to copy a bunch of globals from some crufty old databases to spanking clean brand new ones. GBLOCKCOPY has this cool feature that lets you create a batch of global names to copy and save the list in a batch. You can then execute the batch and go take a nap.

I like naps.

I need to do this for a number of old-new database pairs, but it's the same global names every time. Is there a way to export the batch configuration created the first time and import it to another environment/namespace? These databases will be spread across multiple hosts.

Thanks!

0 2
0 278

Our Pledge

In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as contributors and manager pledge to making participation in InterSystems Developer Community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.

Our Standards

Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:

2 0
0 1.6K