Introduction

Despite the fact that InterSystems has long recommended using external backup tools, many users have opted to use the internal Online Backup facility, which is included in all distributions of InterSystems products (IRIS Data Platform, Caché, etc.). The reasons why are quite obvious:

11 0
2 434
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,523 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi,

I like to validate some use cases and have the following question. I am relatively new to IRIS. Perhaps someone can help:

1. I have a global m[x,y,z,f] distributed across multiple sharded instances
2. I know that i can set assign computed SQL expressions to class variables using Objectscript
3. Is there a possibility in Globals API to do the same ? Set f = x + y as a computed expression in the global m[x,y,z,f] ?

a. We would want to use the global API to change f programmatically using code

0 5
0 332
Question
· Mar 13, 2020
List All Available Resources

Maybe I haven't seen anything about it in the documentation, but why isn't there a way to list all the Resources from the %SYS namespace from a class rather than through ^SECURITY

Thinking maybe something like this:
##Class(Security.Resources).ListAll(.result)

0 1
0 250

Hi developers!

Suppose you have a Github repository with ObjectScript classes but without a Docker environment.

Recently I published a repository with a set of files that form a universal Docker and VSCode environment to let you either import and run your repository in InterSystems IRIS Community Edition on Docker or turn your repository into Docker and VSCode environment for InterSystems IRIS Community Edition.

So in one sentence:

Unpack these files in your folder and you have the Docker and VSCode environment for your InterSystems IRIS ObjectScript application!

See the details below.

3 0
1 601

Hi Community!

New "Coding Talk" video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

How to Enable Docker and VSCode to Your InterSystems IRIS Solution

https://www.youtube.com/embed/tlnoxcGzNJg
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
1 241

Hello Everyone ,
Good Day !
I have a question regarding the implementation of USCDI (US Core Data for Interoperability).

Why USCDI was introduced?
What is the disadvantage of previous process ( communication between systems using concept like HL7) ?
What is the impact of implementing this concept in existing systems ? Do we have to change logics for processing the messages?
Will it effect the existing work flow of all the healthcare application?

0 0
1 202
InterSystems Official
· Mar 12, 2020
InterSystems COVID-19 Update

In light of the COVID-19 situation worldwide, InterSystems is working to ensure continuous support for our customers, promote the health and well-being of our employees, and protect the communities where we live and work. Please view our statement and frequently asked questions.

In addition, we have also established a special email address, COVID-19@InterSystems.com, should you have any questions or concerns.

As we have for 41 years, we stand by our commitment to customers and are prepared to support you during this challenging time.

Sincerely,

John Paladino

Vice President, Client Services

6 0
0 270

Just like the title says, I'm attempting to find a way to create a web application that instead of serving CSP files, it uses a dispatch class.
I searched for clues in the documentation, but the CSPApplication tag seems to be exclusively for CSP file-based applications.

I'm trying to avoid implementing a workaround such as using the Invoke tag to call the Security.Applications to generate the web application but I might be forced to do so, even though it's unpleasant if I had to say...

So, is there an official way to execute this task?

1 22
0 577
Question
· Feb 20, 2020
Sql request

Hi All,

I need to build a search using a lot of filters, what's the best way to implement my sql requests.

1 sql request per property, or only one "big" sql request ?

what's the disadvantage of using lot of indexes ? Thank you

KR,

Amine

0 5
0 249

In Episode 5 of Data Points, @Bob.Binstock9141 joins us to talk about mirroring databases for high availability in InterSystems products! Most of the discussion centers around this process in InterSystems IRIS, with a few notes about the differences when tackling it in HealthShare. Take a listen and let us know your thoughts!

https://5e18edf067eb59-03854285.castos.com/player/159215
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 252
Question
· Jan 12, 2020
Timeout for $zf

In one of the projects, when we have ECP with 10 ECP application servers, from time to time we faced the issue when our journals fail to purge, due to open transactions. While we have about 100-150 GB journal files per day, it quite quickly became a big issue, and with mirroring a very big issue. Mostly we just rebooted our ECP Data server, so it searches rollbacks any transactions, but such process is too long, may steal a few hours. I did not find any way, how to get the list of the open transactions from one place from ECP Data Server. We just migrated our Data server to 2018.1.

3 4
0 804

Hi

We are trying to use Ensemble as a Router for DICOM Worklist. So when a DICOM Client sends a request (ECHO Or C-FIND), We want Ensemble to carry such request to Epic EMR. When Epic EMR responds with a Response, We need to be able to forward that response back to DICOM Client. I wanted to see If anyone has a working example of this scenario.

Examples we have in DEMO namespace are not entirely falling into this scenario.

0 2
0 353

Hi All,

I'm having an issue where I try to use SOAPUI for a mockup offline service, my issue is when I have the mockup service running in the background and try to send a request from cache I keep getting the following error: "ERROR #6454: No supported policy alternative in configuration".

I've tried to follow the common guidelines for resolving this issue but no luck.

So if there is maybe a nice article explaining how to send a proper request to the mockup service and then getting the response(which will be hardcoded values I've set).

1 1
0 482
Question
· Mar 3, 2020
Intersystem jar files

I'm working on developing Productions with java. The sample project has several intersystems jar files:
-- intersystems-enslib-jms-3.1.0.jar
-- intersystems-gateway-3.1.0.jar
-- intersystems-jdbc-3.1.0.jar
-- intersystems-spark-1.0.0.jar
-- intersystems-uima-1.0.0.jar
-- intersystems-utils-3.1.0.jar
-- intersystems-xep-3.1.0.jar

I have the jar files, but where can I find them for download? Are they available on a maven repository somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated!

0 3
0 953

If a picture is worth a thousand words, what's a video worth? Certainly more than typing a post.

Please check out my "Coding talks" on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

1. Analysing InterSystems IRIS System Performance with Yape. Part 1: Installing Yape

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3KClL5zT6MY

Running Yape in a container.

2. Yape Container SQLite iostat InterSystems

https://www.youtube.com/embed/cuMLSO9NQCM

Extracting and plotting pButtons data including timeframes and iostat.

13 3
2 1.4K

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Build HL7 Interfaces in a Flash

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kwWioDry9YQ

0 0
0 350

Hi Everyone,

I've been working on deploying an IRIS for Health environment in EKS. There is a video session in the InterSystems learning portal about this feature but I have not succeeded in finding the proper documentation and resources to use this in my Kubernetes cluster.

Has this been deprecated/discontinued? Any idea where can I find the resources? Should I stick to StatefulSets instead of using the IrisCluster resource type provided by this operator?

0 3
1 351

What does everyone think about submitting an issue in a repository and then submitting a pull request to fix that issue. Is it an unnecessary step or does it give extra context and logging for the issue? I ask this because when I find a bug in an Open Exchange app, I always submit the Issue and then often submit a Pull Request to fix the issue.

I think that if the repository owner doesn't like your suggested fix, it is helpful to have the issue around so that they can deny the pull request and potentially implement their own change for the issue.

0 2
0 241