InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,724 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi Developers!

As discussed in previous parts of Package Manager stories to turn your IRIS application into a deployable package you just need to introduce the module.xml file into the root folder of the repository and describe all the resources.

I’m pleased to introduce you to a new project template on Open Exchange which contains examples of how to make different types of resources of your InterSystems IRIS application a part of the ObjectScript package and so make the deployable ObjectSctipt package.

Let's see how you can describe your application resources using this template project as an example.

See the details below.

4 2
7 463
Article
· May 15, 2020 3m read
Debugging in HealthShare

Hi, if you develop production with HealthShare, you may have noticed there is a nice tracing feature available - HS.Util.Trace.Operations. This feature allows visually tracing debug information, in structured way. It complements good old logging macros like $$$LOGINFO, $$$TRACE and alike.

I use this feature a lot. However, it has limited functionality, it works nice with classes that extend XML Adapter, streams or data types, but it doesn't work well with arbitrary objects that do no extend from XML Adapter.

3 2
0 552
Article
· May 14, 2020 1m read
IRS Docker micro Durability

Allow limited durability for demo and development IRIS-Docker-micro-Durability During development of a container based demo I found the need to access a fresh docker
an instance of IRIS image (e.g intersystems/iris-community:2020.2.0.199.0) over and over.
To bypass loading my code repeatedly I developed this workaround.

It is a reduced variant of Docker - light weight durability

10 0
1 245

One of the topics that comes up often when managing Ensemble productions is disk space:

The database (the CACHE.DAT file) grows in a rate that was unexpected; or the Journal files build up at a fast pace; or the database grows continuously though the system has a scheduled purge of the Ensemble runtime data.

It would have been better if these kind of phenomena would have been observed and accounted for yet at the development and testing stage rather than on a live system.

For this purpose I created a basic framework that could aid in this task.

4 7
2 1.3K

As promised, here is Part 2 of our interview with Russ Leftwich! In this half, Adam Coppola talks with Russ about some of the InterSystems technologies that play a part in the concepts from Part 1, as well as some specific discussions about modern FHIR applications. After the interview with Russ, we were also joined by Jenny Ames to talk about the upcoming FHIR Dev Days. Check it out, and make sure to go subscribe to Data Points!

https://5e18edf067eb59-03854285.castos.com/player/193064
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 190

Hi,

I have a HealthShare HealthConnect operation which uses the EnsLib.HTTP.OutboundAdapter. It is using a custom Operation class to send HTTP Post request. The request data that is sent to the operation and the response back from the operation is not displayed on the visual trace. Is there anyway to display this data in the trace?

Thank you for your help.

1 7
0 570

Hi Community!

We're pleased to invite you to the Online Meetup with the Winners of the 2nd IRIS Programming Contest! It's a virtual Meetup with some of the winners of the past InterSystems IRIS Online Programming Contest.

Date & Time: Friday, May 8, 2020 – 11:00 EDT

What awaits you at this virtual Meetup?

• Our winners' bios.
  • Short demos on their applications.
  • A short interview with all the winners about the past contest. Plans for the next contests.

5 5
0 315

If two globals have same structure, how to reuse one CacheSQLStorage-based class to read both locations?

Thanks!

Update:

Let's say we have two globals:

^a(1)="dataa1"
^a(2)="dataa2"

and

^b(1)="datab1"
^b(2)="datab2"

i.e. the structure difference is global name only.

I would like to have two classes TableA and TableB both are inherited from TableAB, and TableAB taking global name as a parameter.

2 14
0 529

As the title mentions, I'm trying to determine how best to handle an issue with nested data. Essentially I have a setting like the following:

Object A has a transient property with an array of Object B. I want to create a level with a list of Object B. I also want this level to contain properties belonging to each object B.

So I have a layout of something like

0 1
0 194

Howdy everyone,
I am not a Cache Pro... Just an old hack with an idea to try to help my client.

We are running a medium sized salvage yard with Car-Part's Checkmate vehicle inventory software running Cache. Our part lookups sometimes run 10 seconds or more.

0 2
0 408

I am importing scriptlink wsdl in the form designer. I get the following error:

Error Importing WSDL. Please validate WSDL address. ERROR #6301: SAX XML Parser Error attribute value expected while processing Annonymous Stream at line 28 offset 73.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Chris Kennedy

0 5
0 337

Hi Developers!

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube and explore the basics of InterSystems Open Exchange Marketplace:

How to Publish an Application on InterSystems Open Exchange

https://www.youtube.com/embed/DBh79bCayh4
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 1
0 154
Announcement
· May 8, 2020
New Video: FHIR Update

Hi Community!

The new video from Global Summit 2019 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

FHIR Update

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2rLokuiAjE8

0 4
0 256

In Episode 8 of Data Points, senior clinical advisor for interoperability at InterSystems @Russ Leftwich joined the podcast to talk about healthcare interoperability standards. In the first part of our two-part interview, Russ tells us about the history of healthcare standards and electronic record-keeping, some of the biggest challenges in the field, and how software has evolved to meet those ever-growing challenges.

https://5e18edf067eb59-03854285.castos.com/player/184304

2 1
0 172

Introduction

In the first article in this series, we’ll take a look at the entity–attribute–value (EAV) model in relational databases to see how it’s used and what it’s good for. Then we'll compare the EAV model concepts to globals.

3 0
4 3.5K

After I loaded the intersystems/iam:0.34-1-1 image in local, I am trying to do the next step of configuration.

2) Configure your InterSystems IRIS instance

2a) Enable the /api/IAM web application
2b) Enable the IAM user
2c) Change the password for the IAM user

Do we need to change these settings in iris.cpf file? any inputs where we have to configure? I have IRIS 2019.1.1 installed in my machine.

Thanks,

Nag.

0 2
0 256

I have created a fairly simple process for taking a HL7 message and sending it to an external provider via a HTTP Post and this is all working correctly. However for the request and response messages I am using e a simple structure containing only a message stream and when looking in Ensemble Message viewer none of this stream content is showing (it is all blank). Would I have to create a particular message type to make this show in message viewer and if so could someone provide some guidance around how to achieve this (outline of code included below)

0 2
0 940